There is something I just don't get about laughter and humor in general. where did it come from? why did we evolve such a thing as a sense of humor, and what decides what we find funny and what not?

discuss
It started here Where Laughter Comes From
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Its an evolutionary adaptation because think how much like would suck without it
so, the ones who experiences laughter didn't kill themselves and passed it on to their children
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by Trefellin
Explaining humour to you would be far too difficult... You being German and all.

pssst, no one knows this, but I'm actually American, I just live in germany.
I was thinking this the other day!!

why do we find things funny?.. and what is laughter??

whatever the answer, I love laughing..

the best laughter is when you laugh so much that your in pain, but can't stop laughing.. I hope that happens again soon.

and why do our eyes start watering when we laugh?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by CoreysMonster
pssst, no one knows this, but I'm actually American, I just live in germany.

Or, you're a cunning Nazi spy trying to gain my trust by pretending to be American...

But then, that would make you less than cunning.

A sneaky man you are. Very sneaky.
Last edited by Trefellin at Feb 18, 2009,
i remember reading a study a few years ago that concluded that laughing on a regular basis is good for your health.

so maybe thats why we developed humor?
I heard it explained like this from a professional stand-up comedy guy. I'm paraphrasing, btw. "You basically drive someone down a track as far as possible, then at the last second, give them a complete 180.