I'm looking for some advice, information and whatever else if possible on a question I have.

Thing is, I'm a left handed bass player, who which over the past while, has been growing an obsession with the Gibson Grabber, but since it being discontinued, and a rare thing to see nowadays, I'll presume finding left handed one will be difficult, if not impossible.

So I've been thinking since I'd kill to have one, thinking of maybe getting one custom made. The question I have is, can this be done by going to a custom guitar/bass shop? And for anyone with custom guitar/bass building expeirence, would you have any idea of maybe a price range of what that would cost?

Thanks for any help given.

Johnny

(p.s. training to play right handed and getting a right handed one is out of the question, so please do not bring that up. Thanks again)
I imagine it would probably cost somewhere between $3500 and $5000, depending on the builder and what options you want in the bass. I'm sure it can be done, but you're going to pay an unreasonable amount for it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Buy a righty, play it lefty.

It's almost a symeterical shape so I would imagine it would balance, at least ok. And fret-access looks to ok looking as well. This probably your best bet.
Quote by Your41Plague12
I imagine it would probably cost somewhere between $3500 and $5000, depending on the builder and what options you want in the bass. I'm sure it can be done, but you're going to pay an unreasonable amount for it.

I wouldn't say unreasonable. If you go to a good vuilder, you'll get what you pay for, with the added bonus of being able to customise the Grabber to make it truly your own.
Gahhh i hate them bridges, i have one on my epiphone and it sucks bigtime.
Put a Baddass III on it

going back to the main question... EPiphone did a limited run a few years ago, maybe u can find one on the net and have it modified to string left handed?
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Thanks alot so far guys. To be honest, if I'd have to save somewhere from 3500-4000 dollars to get one, as crazy as it sounds, I'll do it.

Now the next thing I need help knowing, is how to tell the builder to build it, with the same tone(if possible) as the original.

Any thoughts?
Use the same qualities and parts as the original. You can buy most of the electronics on ebay.
I saw a Grabber on craigslist for $250 a few weeks ago.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Mecler
Use the same qualities and parts as the original. You can buy most of the electronics on ebay.

Just find the original specs, and make a list of the parts for your builder, but remember, if you go the custom route, you have the freedom to make it your own
Epiphne makes a cheaper model of it go check it out.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Recommended threads
Violin sound
bigz6006
Last post:
by demonofthenight