Hey GB&C I have been wanting to make a guitar for quite a while.

Bought this body for $10, but I need help identifying the body style. it isn't on solid piece of wood its more like ply. So if I got ripped off its not that big of loss.

Also I need help from you guys finding a neck to fit it. I will give measurements of the neck pocket if needed.

I decided to do this build because it seemed like a lot of fun and a good place for a 14 year old to start building guitars.

Quote by Comrade Curry
Is that, the grain? Whoa, if it is, well I really can't tell, is that thing on the back the grain or oddly collected dust?

well...it is the grain but it is not a single piece of wood it is like ply wood i guess

to the post underneath me, yeah thank you for reminding me i will probably have to cut my own pickgaurd. And yeah its like a sg/strat kinda?

oh well highfive man. Randy went way to soon.
Last edited by Littleangus44 at Feb 18, 2009,
That body is a Harmony. About every guitarist in this area had one when they started and either

a)Destroyed it
b)Pawned it
or c)Gave it to another new guitarist.
it's not strictly a harmony... inherantly, that's a good guess, but I would have guessed teisco, first. It could be a tiesco, global, harmony, I think kay imported something like that, too... in anycase, it's a 60's japanese import body, you can tell be the wierd cutout for the truss rod adjustment. I'm gonna look into a few things, then get back to you.

edit: I did some preliminary searching for you, and I did not find anything matching that body/pickup style. It's not a known teisco, but there could be more... Melody, Kent and Kingston are other possibilities, but alot of those guitars have surface mounted pickups. I recently did a "restoration" of an unknown japanese guitar, actually. Check out my profile for a clip of what it sounds like. Those old japanese guitars can get you some interesting tones.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by Littleangus44
thanks for doing some research Thomme

I'm'a bit of an old japanese guitar-o-phile myself. I've got my 4th vintage japanese guitar on the way right now. They're some surprisingly nice sounding guitars, not always the best players, though.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
I'm'a bit of an old japanese guitar-o-phile myself. I've got my 4th vintage japanese guitar on the way right now. They're some surprisingly nice sounding guitars, not always the best players, though.

ya i checked out the demo on your profile they sound pretty good.
its plywood, just to confirm that...

TS warmoth custom makes necks, so if you wanna email them with all the dimensions they would build you a neck
I don't think a $10 body constitutes a $200 neck!
Look for a vintage japanese guitar neck on ebay/craigslist/whatever for a while before considering getting one made. It'll be much more cost efficient.
Well I found a neck on ebay, not sure if it will fit or not.

If I posted a link to it to ask you guys if it looked okay would I get warned for advertising?