what do you mean fuzz? do you mean the hiss you sometimes get when your not playing?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
With really high cables it's not really noticeable.
Or maybe I got used to it.
Just play over 1.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
I thought this amp was really good qaulity though... It shouldn't have that hiss(thanks nutingpwns for putting it more colloquially), does it get bad? Like, take away from my music bad?
If you're playing it loud, you'll probably want a Decimator.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by MightySumo
I thought this amp was really good qaulity though... It shouldn't have that hiss(thanks nutingpwns for putting it more colloquially), does it get bad? Like, take away from my music bad?

Then you should probably save up for some boutique amp (or tubes that may make it quieter).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by MightySumo

Almost any amp no matter how high quality will get hiss during high-gain applications.
It's almost rarely caused by the amp itself though, things like pedals, pickups, wall sockets, etc. cause hiss most of the time.

If it really gets unbearable you can buy a noise reduction pedal,
but I seriously doubt it's going to be that bad.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Just wondering, will the noise reducer that you plug into the outlet help too?
And cheers to you too.
I'm not quite sure what you mean? What noise reducer which you plug into what outlet?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

I saw a while ago, in a guitar player mag, some block that you first plug into the power outlet then plug your amp into. It supposedly stops feedback and fuzz.
Can't say I've ever seen that before
A Decimator should sort you out ok.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

From my experience before I bought a decimator (excellent pedal), if I cranked the volume up to 3-3.5 (which is almost piercing ears-this amp is LOUD) there's noise with the gain past 5. A noise suppressor is a must for this amp. But-on the bright side-the sound was still brutal with the gain around 4.
Quote by M Power
Do you guys run the noise gate infront of the amp or in the loop?

I use mine in the front end. Never tried it in the loop but I've heard it doesn't work as well.
There's different hum. If it's a low hum that is addable with the guitar volume all the way down, that MIGHT be"60 cycle hum". That's a problem with your electrical systems grounding (not the amp). The HumX plugged into your outlet in between your amps power chord might take care of it - or try another outlet in your house, preferably in another room. Also (on the 5150) there's a three way toggle ground switch. The default position is in the middle. If there is one on your amp, try the other two.

From Wiki:

"Because of their natural inductive qualities, all magnetic pickups tend to pick up ambient and usually unwanted electromagnetic noises. The resulting noise, the so-called "hum", is particularly strong with single-coil pickups, and aggravated by the fact that very few guitars are correctly shielded against electromagnetic interference. The most frequent cause is the strong 50 or 60 Hz component that is inherent in the frequency generation of current within the local power transmission system. As nearly all amplifiers and audio equipment associated with electrical guitars rely on this power, there is in theory little chance of completely eliminating the introduction of unwanted hum."

Also, there's an inherent "sizzle" with these amps when using high gain. A noise gate should take care of most of that, but not all. It can be tamed with mods.
Quote by Yngwi3
If you're playing it loud, you'll probably want a Decimator.

+1

I couldn't stand the white noise coming from the 6505 I used to play. The ISP does wonders with that amp.
Quote by M Power
Do you guys run the noise gate infront of the amp or in the loop?
Putting it in front of the amp will get rid of 85% of the noise. Having another one in the loop will get rid of the remaining 15% of the hiss/hum.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I guess that would make something like the rack mount smart gate a good choice since it would allow you to gate both ends.
Either that or the ISP G-String which is exactly that in pedal form (but a fair bit more expensive than the Decimator.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

fuzz and nose is your cross to bear with a 6505. noise gate in front of and behind the amp is the best way ive found to combat that