I went to GC today and tried a Jaguar HH.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Jaguar-HH-Electric-Guitar-103299566-i1146861.gc

^
This one to be exact.

Its f***ing awesome!!!

I had tried the SS version at another place and today I went to GC to try the HH version (the other place only had SS version).

The HH Jag rawcks!!!

I played it through almost every amp there. I tried it through a Line 6, a Mesa, a Peavey, a Vox, a Fender, an Egnater, etc.

No matter what I tried it through, it sounded awesome. I play mostly 60's jangle-pop, 80's pop (Bowie, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake), and folk. It covers all these perfectly. It also can pull off some funky raggae if you tweak it just right.

Also the display model had a sharp tuning on it. I guess they did this for metal-heads. :rolls eyes: UGH!

So, I tuned it back down to standard, but it still sounded sweet even though the strings rattled (b/c of the sharp tuning).

There's something about a Jaguar (any version), they are so unique.
This will be my next guitar for sure.

Yall's thoughts on this awesome piece of gear?
Its teh pwnzerz!
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
It is quite the awesome piece of gear. I played the special HH model (CIJ, black w/ chrome) the maple neck w/ clear coat felt awesome, totally loved the 24" scale. Played another, standard Jag at a different place, still quite fascinating.

Both times I didn't have a chance to plug and play but it still felt so heavenly, with a thicker/higher quality string set it would be an epic addition to any funk player's rig.

tough pick between that and some hollow/semi-hollow for my next guitar, but I got a long way before that, lookin for new amp first.
JAGUARS ARE KICKASS

IN OTHER NEWS, JIMI HENDRIX WAS INFLUENTIAL

MORE AT ELEVEN

(...I love Jags and the HH is particularly awesome.)
ive never liked that guitar just because of the way it looks.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I love the Jag and the Mustang. Great underrated guitars that don't get enough attention thanks to the Strat.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
I love the Jag and the Mustang. Great underrated guitars that don't get enough attention thanks to the Strat.

I'm not too fond of the Mustang, mainly due to its appearance of an obese strat.

And the Jag has a bunch of knobs and wheels you can say "ooo what does this do" for hours on end.
Quote by Jerry.thewise
I'm not too fond of the Mustang, mainly due to its appearance of an obese strat.

And the Jag has a bunch of knobs and wheels you can say "ooo what does this do" for hours on end.

I really liked it, and the few I played played fairly well. I may be baised because my school mascot is a mustang though >_>

Didn't get as much time with the Jag as I did the Stang, but with the Stang, getting unique tones was very easy, so its a plus for me.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I personally wasn't too impressed with the HH, it just felt like every other HH I've ever played, tone wise. I LOVE the Jazzmaster, though... those thick, lush huge single coils. And the original SS Jags have that great beautiful chime to them. I think the HH Jags are a good idea, but it's nothing but a more expensive jagstang (ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but they're not as impressive as the SS ones to me, but... different strokes for different folks)
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.