basically what it is is is that the n.z government is imposing new guilt upon accusiation laws to do with copy right in nz
The controversial law reverses New Zealander's fundamental right to being presumed innocent until proven guilty, punishing internet users with disconnection based accusations of copyright infringement without a
trial and without evidence held up to court scrutiny.
please go to this site and sign the petition and / or participate in the blackout.:

http://creativefreedom.org.nz/

cheers
Your choices..
1.Move to Canada...you can download crap there w/o breaking laws.
2. Dont break the law...criminal
Dude, you guys are completely missing the point. People who don't commit downloading crimes and simply get mistaken for other people can now be convicted of said crimes without a trail. Guilty or not, that's just wrong and unethical.

EDIT: Not the mention the fact that a part of the legal conviction act now has the right to bypass certain processes requiring evidence and proof to be given in order for someone to be convicted. Does that sound right to you?
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by neverspoiled
Your choices..
1.Move to Canada...you can download crap there w/o breaking laws.
2. Dont break the law...criminal

+1312321312423582353128751274812674821732141

It's so true too.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Dude, you guys are completely missing the point. People who don't commit downloading crimes and simply get mistaken for other people can now be convicted of said crimes without a trail. Guilty or not, that's just wrong and unethical.

exactly
I just signed the petition and added them on myspace. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let the government take away rights like that. This f*cking country's turning into a goddamn red state, regardless of which sh*tty political party gets into power it seems.
You cannot prohibit that which you cannot regulate.

This is why Alcohol prohibition didn't work.

This is why Weed prohibition will get overturned.

And why downloading **** online will never stop.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
I just signed the petition and added them on myspace. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let the government take away rights like that. This f*cking country's turning into a goddamn red state, regardless of which sh*tty political party gets into power it seems.

cheer dude
whos smart idea was this i wonder
do you love...ARSIS
Quote by GooGooFluffers
i believe you may be our saviour
all hail lordllama!
Quote by lordllama
whos smart idea was this i wonder

I'd actually like to know. I don't download music so it doesn't affect me, but I know people who have huge problems downloading, as if it's an addiction... one has half a terabyte of HD movies.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
But in Canada you can have your vehicle taken away from you on the side of the road by the pigs, before going to trial. We have the same guilty until proven innocent issues.