I hear the 2 watt is incredible for it's price and size, however I am unable to gain access to one at the moment so I'd like to hear other opinions.
They are pretty amazing. They are loud for 2 watts. They can really model amps well britished voiced and american (I dont know what that means my friend told me). They also have nice effects and are amazing for the price imo better then the vyper
For being cheaper solid state amps, they're pretty good. The microcube is the best mobil amp you can get. At least one of.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
It's pretty awesome for what it is. Get a Danelectro Fish n Chips to go with it.
Quote by 667
It's pretty awesome for what it is. Get a Danelectro Fish n Chips to go with it.

Ignore what he said, TS.

The Cubes sound horrible with pedals. I have one and I can't even use a wah with it, that's how abysmal it sounds.
i also recommened if you cant find a roland microcube you but a Vox-DA 5 its just as good

I Recommend that you get a Vox DA 5 if you cant find a roland microcube because they both do the same job basiclly
Last edited by Felttoaster at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by Mike!
Ignore what he said, TS.

The Cubes sound horrible with pedals. I have one and I can't even use a wah with it, that's how abysmal it sounds.

Ignore what Mike said. You don't buy a MicroCube to start hooking up a bunch of pedals to it!

You buy a MicroCube because you want a small, transportable battery-operated amp that -- all things considered -- sounds great and has lots of built-in effects and models.

The typical MicroCube buyer is either: A) someone just getting started who doesn't even know what pedals he needs; or B) someone who want a super-transportable practice amp and understand that you're not going to get killer tube-like tone from a 2 watt solid state amp.

For my money, the folks at Roland *NAILED* it with the MicroCube. It'll go down as an iconic piece of equipment, and 30 years from now, there will still be a market for used ones (just like there is for vintage Pignose Amps).

For very little money, you get a ton of OK models, a nice clean tone, a headphone jack, a separate line-in for an MP3 player plus reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, and phaser. These effects are enough to mess around with until you figure out what you really want with a decent rig.

Best of all, it'll run on 6 AA batteries for 20+ hours and you can play it at the beach or on a camping trip or in your backyard.
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Last edited by Armchair Bronco at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by Mike!
Ignore what he said, TS.

It's just an eq. The MC only has a tone knob. It's useful.
I was thinking about purchasing a Roland MC.

But I would want to play my pedals with it, are you guys saying it would sound bad with my pedals hooked up to it playing out of the clean channel?