i do know, utubed him hes musics pretty funky, loved it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1FCam-zJaI
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Last edited by MrBlues at Feb 19, 2009,
I like Garret's stuff. I don't know him personnally yet but my father does, mostly because Dad was Dutch Mason's bassist for a bunch of years.

As anyone been to the Dutch Mason Blues Festival?
Quote by FancyHandLuke
I like Garret's stuff. I don't know him personnally yet but my father does, mostly because Dad was Dutch Mason's bassist for a bunch of years.

As anyone been to the Dutch Mason Blues Festival?

So you are Fish's son?
Hey my dad is really involved in the local blues community. He's good friends with Barry Cooke, Garrett, Joe Murphy, Carter Chapman, all those guys.

In fact a lot of them travel down to New England a few times a year to catch shows. This past summer my dad had all of these guys over to his place for a bit of a jam blowout. It was awesome

And I too think Garrett is a great player.
Garrett is such a great player and performer. Honestly, I think his guitar playing sits right there with blues greats. So much soul and funkyness in the bands sound. I saw them live a few months ago, and holy crap you just can't do nothing else but groove. So freakin' tight!
It's just deceiving that he's not way more recognized in the guitar world.

Do some of you know a bit of the gear he uses? He usually plays with his old Fender Bandmaster with a 2x12 or 4x12 cab. I love his tone!
I'm a tone wh0re and a gear slut.
I cant remember what his guitar are because they are quite obscure I was to say his main these days is an old Teisco and he runs vocals through the Silverface Bandmaster, with a Vibroverb reissue as his main amp, he also runs a Silverface Super Reverb if he's not using the Vibroverb.. Lately he is using an older Echo that is awesome! Its a Roland RE-201! Some sweet gear for sure! But his tone is all in his hands....