So I'm thinking of buying a Line 6 X2 XDR95 Wireless System. Im thinking of buying it from Amercia and having it shipped to Canada. The price I'm looking at is approximatley $349.99USD which is as of today according to x-rates currency calculator is $441.30CAD the shipping is about $30.00CAD from one site, and I'm not sure of Musicians Friends Canadain shipping rates or policies. The price to buy this same wireless unit in Canada is $526.56CAD. But the thing I'm worried about is customs and border fees. Im doing some researching and it generally appears that customs is dependant on where the item ordered is manufactured. The Line 6 X2 is manufactured in USA according to Harmony Central (read the first paragraph). Generally according to NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) customs wont be charged if the item is manufactured in North America (USA, Canada, or Mexico) and is going from one North American country to another.

Anyways... if I order the X2 wireless from a US website will I not be charged customs or will I but the customs fees be lighter because the product is manufactured in the USA? Anyone have expertise in this area?
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Last edited by Ethanb08 at Feb 18, 2009,
Isn't the free shipping over 99 dollars thing to Canada too..??
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
At Musicians Friend? I dont think so but I'm not sure ... they dont really have a good up front easy to find shipping policy...none the less an international shipping policy... Makes me wonder if they are hidding something... Dodgey if you ask me...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Call MF and ask, that's probably the best thing to do.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yes... but aside from that... custom fees?
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
im not sure about the customs things but even if there weren't any you are only saving about $50... which can be a lot but the hassle of shipping and sending it back if there is a problem would be enough to say 'screw the $50' for me... i too am in canada and have thought about buying things from the USA but by the time its all said and done the savings are minuscule.
You will pay the normal taxes for your area (for ontario 13% i believe) And if it is manufactured in USA that will be all.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Score I live in Alberta, no PST for me ...just GST, but yah I was thinking about if theres issues with it, so I'm thinking I'll go with Axe Music, they are local, thanks though anyways.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
First off TS, You know NAFTA is BS.

Anyways, all opinions aside, I paid customs of $100 on my Crate V16 Palomino (price was around $350 US, but I bought it back when the dollar was close to even). My Palomino was still from the batch that was made in the U.S.A, or atleast it stated the fact in big pring on the back, so.... It would lead me to assume that you could very well get raped by customs.

I did up the price (including Int. Shipping) and converted it using www.xe.com and it ends up being $479 CDN using the MF checkout. If you get hit by customs, it'll be worth buying it in Canada, if customs isn't an issue, then go for ordering from MF.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS