I tried to salvage a string on my sisters violin for my guitar. found out it isnt long enough. tried to put it back on and found it harder then I thought. the tuning peg doesnt seem to stick? how do I do this? and also... what tuning are the strings supposed to be in?
The violin tuning pegs rely on friction to stay held.

The order from left to right are:

G (bottom left peg, D (top left peg), A (top right peg), E (bottom right peg).

String the string through the peg and wind upward after pulling the peg outward slightly. When nearing the correct pitch, keep winding but start pushing the peg inward and be careful not to overdo it. The peg should then be able to stick and you can fine tune. Of course, this is assuming the violin is of decent quality. Bad/cheap violins have terrible wood texture and makes this a pain.

Edit: Oh, you're trying to put a VIOLIN string on a GUITAR? Please admit yourself to the nearest special education program immediately.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 19, 2009,
No offence, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to think a violin string could fit, let alone work, on your guitar
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
No offence, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to think a violin string could fit, let alone work, on your guitar

I knew it wouldnt fit, I was desperate for an e string and I thought If I could atleast get the length from the saddle to the nut, I could weld or knot pieces of string together to finish it off. btw, I have knotted strings together before, and worked better than I thought.
Last edited by glenlyerkey at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by titsmcgee852
Are you fassa?

i was thinking that too.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Xiaoxi
The violin tuning pegs rely on friction to stay held.

The order from left to right are:

G (bottom left peg, D (top left peg), A (top right peg), E (bottom right peg).

String the string through the peg and wind upward after pulling the peg outward slightly. When nearing the correct pitch, keep winding but start pushing the peg inward and be careful not to overdo it. The peg should then be able to stick and you can fine tune. Of course, this is assuming the violin is of decent quality. Bad/cheap violins have terrible wood texture and makes this a pain.

Edit: Oh, you're trying to put a VIOLIN string on a GUITAR? Please admit yourself to the nearest special education program immediately.

thanks, this is what I wanted to know
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Alex Vik

Strings are 5 bucks a pack, go buy a fricking pack instead of using a violin string.

where i come from its about 8 bucks and sometimes a pack of smokes or some food is more important. and sometimes I want to play my guitar at 1am when all is closed.
Quote by glenlyerkey
where i come from its about 8 bucks and sometimes a pack of smokes or some food is more important. and sometimes I want to play my guitar at 1am when all is closed.

Oh, well you didn't say that.

It seems the only solution is to buy new strings...
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
That was quite a fail.....
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
yeah, I hate how it feels like my strings are junk and need replaced after a day or 2 of playing... they need to come up with some kind of indestructible string. its annoying. and also the reason my 2 year old nut is worn. I go through strings at about the same rate as packs of cigs