hi new here so hope in the right forum ??? i was looking at a fender strat vg from china on the net it would cost me about 1000 new zealand dollers as opposed to one in nz costing me 3000 nzd have herd so many things about china guitars would it be a fender or a fake if anyone can help me i would be most grateful i am really
Its Fake For sure fender only makes guitar in USA AND MEXICO ANYTHING ELSE IS A FAKE!
It may be a cheap starcaster copy.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Remember

Guitars + Made In China = SO FAKE THEY'LL MAKE YOUR BABY CRY HIS EYES OUT

Never ever trust a guitar made a China that claims to be authentic. You'll regret it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
don't buy guitars being sold in china, there's a very good chance they're fakes.

it's ok to buy guitars made in china, as long as you buy from a reputable dealer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Loads of low end guitars are made in china, there not fake. I think what you mean is dont buy guitars that are being sold in China.

Quote by ragingkitty
Remember

Guitars + Made In China = SO FAKE THEY'LL MAKE YOUR BABY CRY HIS EYES OUT

Never ever trust a guitar made a China that claims to be authentic. You'll regret it.
indeed, that's why i said not to buy guitars being sold from china.

(i'm kidding, i know you're not talking to me )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There might be some Squiers made in China, and also a lot of Epiphones are made in China, but you don't buy them from China, you buy them from a reputable dealer.

Fender guitars (if it has a "FENDER" logo on headstock, not "SQUIER") are only made in USA, Mexico and Japan as far as I know.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by michaelbot9000
USA, Mexico, Japan - those are where real fenders are made.

And Korea. For a while they were making guitars in Korea in the Cort and Samick factories.

But, anyway, TS, do you mean it's a guitar that's in china that you're going to have shipped to you or is it a MIC Fender VG Strat? I can't imagine anyone trying to make a copy of the VG Strat....

In anycase, if I were you, I'd ask for pictures of the guitar in and out and the seriel number and then do your research.

Quote by MustangSVT
There might be some Squiers made in China, and also a lot of Epiphones are made in China, but you don't buy them from China, you buy them from a reputable dealer.

Fender guitars (if it has a "FENDER" logo on headstock, not "SQUIER") are only made in USA, Mexico and Japan as far as I know.

actually squiers have been made in Japan, Korea, China, India, Indonesia, Taiwan and the US
Fenders have been made in the US, Mexico, Japan and Korea
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Feb 19, 2009,