So I've been looking at the big muff to get a nice solo sound, one that cuts through the mix - but from what I remember, it was way too saturated and wasn't clear enough. I've been considering it because apparently Gilmour uses one, and I'm looking for a similar tone. Should I go with the Big Muff? If not, recommend me some pedals. Thanks.

EDIT: Budget is $100.
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
Last edited by Taniel_24 at Feb 19, 2009,
Use your OD as a boost?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
OD as boost is great. (Level on 10, Drive/Gain on 0). Or get an EQ and bump your mids.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I guess I should clarify... I want a distortion/fuzz... my OD doesn't have that much gain... I already use it as a boost.
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
really? i found those to have tons of gain, but whatev.

the usual recommendations: visual sound son of hyde, proco rat2, satchurator, duncan twin tube.

Don't judge me.
The tone I get by boosting my amp with my pedal isn't what I'm looking for... it's more of a classic Marshall tone... I want something more modern and defined, if that makes sense.
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
my recommendations still stand.

Don't judge me.
MI Audio Neo Fuzz. Sounds great with solos.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by theoreticmusic
no. bad.

why do you say that, i've had nothing but good exp. with it. I love what it does for my leads.
Agile Septor Elite 7-String
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
PreSonus FireStudio Interface
CX5 Studio Monitors
because there are better options than something that costs what it does simply because it has zakk wylde's name on the top.

it doesn't sound that great.

Don't judge me.