Page 1 of 2
I consider myself REALLY open-minded when it comes to comedy and stand-up comedy. Demetri Martin is my favorite, but I also like Bill Hicks, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, Zach Galifianakis, Richard Pryor, George Lopez, Patton Oswalt Steve Martin, etc. I even think Dane Cook and Sarah Silverman are alright. George Carlin isn't bad, but not my cup of tea.

I don't hate stand-up comedians too often. Carlos Mencia is one rare comedian I hate, but I also cannot understand how people find Lewis Black funny. I think he is ridiculously annoying, yet I've never met anyone who feels the same way. It's easy to find someone who hates Dane Cook, Sarah Silverman or Bill Hicks, but I was wondering if anyone feels the same way as I do about Lewis Black?
Never seen any of his stuff - got any youtube links? I'm too lazy atm.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Is Lewis Black the guy that just yells a lot and rants about random things? If so, I don't find him funny.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Galifianakis FTW, but i enjoy lewis' comedy probably because i agree with what he has to say. its all about opinions
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
being old angry and irish i cant help but relate to lewis black's style of being old angry and jewish
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Quote by metal4life592
Is Lewis Black the guy that just yells a lot and rants about random things? If so, I don't find him funny.

Yeah. I don't like him either.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Yeah, I don't think I've seen his stand up but I've seen him in a few programs (including his show the root of all evil) and I don't find him funny at all.

That said I also hate Carlos Mencia, Sarah Silverman, Dane Cook (for the most part), Katt Williams and countless others who are thrown on comedy central.
yelling a lot does not = funny
Quote by 1201ZJ
FoolishFool, you sir, are a genius. A ****ing genius, I tell you.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
Galifianakis FTW, but i enjoy lewis' comedy probably because i agree with what he has to say. its all about opinions
I agree with him on most things, too, but I still can't find it funny.
i do know people who dont think he's funny but agree with what he says.

i think its an acquired taste, i grew up knowing people like him so i guess i just think its funny
Quote by SleightOfHand

Quote by horloko

Quote by myearshurt

Lewis Black appeals to more politically minded people, I think. Or just people who agree with his political views. I like him a lot, even though I'm not politically minded. I'm a fan of his speech and mannerisms. He's not so much a comedian as he is a really good speaker, he knows how to use language to really deliver his point, and I like that. It's entertaining.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yeah, I don't think I've seen his stand up but I've seen him in a few programs (including his show the root of all evil) and I don't find him funny at all.

That said I also hate Carlos Mencia, Sarah Silverman, Dane Cook (for the most part), Katt Williams and countless others who are thrown on comedy central.

the root of all evil really was a ****ty show, but it wasnt really what his comedy is like. since when do people hate sarah silverman? cook, mencia, and williams yes, but sarah's show isnt that bad....

any Denis Leary fans?

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Oh yeah - I remember him. His comedy is alright, but I didn't like his personality at all.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I'm a fan of his speech and mannerisms. He's not so much a comedian as he is a really good speaker, he knows how to use language to really deliver his point, and I like that. It's entertaining.

Really?

I think he's a poor speaker, all he does is yell and use profanities to try to emphasize his points. Plus I find him quite pretentious and obnoxious.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
the root of all evil really was a ****ty show, but it wasnt really what his comedy is like. since when do people hate sarah silverman? cook, mencia, and williams yes, but sarah's show isnt that bad....

any Denis Leary fans?

found one
Quote by SleightOfHand

Quote by horloko

Quote by myearshurt

Quote by RU Experienced?
Really?

I think he's a poor speaker, all he does is yell and use profanities to try to emphasize his points. Plus I find him quite pretentious and obnoxious.

His persona is that of an angry old man, he's supposed to swear a lot. And he doesn't yell all that often, only when it counts. Often he'll divide his act into stories and as each story progresses he'll get more and more heated. It's fun to watch.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by The Madcap

Funniest part of that whole video:

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
His persona is that of an angry old man, he's supposed to swear a lot. And he doesn't yell all that often, only when it counts. Often he'll divide his act into stories and as each story progresses he'll get more and more heated. It's fun to watch.

Hmm, I don't really remember any of his material to be honest I just remember disliking him a lot
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

I don't know, I watched a few episodes of Sarah's show and I never found it to be funny. Plus Sarah's mannerisms piss me off like Lewis Black's too.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Feb 19, 2009,
i dont like him, he is the same kind of annoying as the mom on malcolm in the middle, i dont find people yelling and bitching to be very funny
he can be funny. sometimes he is anoying, which is most of the time when i dont agree with what he is saying. hes sorta what i imagine it would be like if i mated john stewart and george carlin. unfortunately, the government refuses to fund my research.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Lewis Black just isn't funny. He just talks, but in a loud voice, about things that are obvious and/or political. About as funny as animal abuse.
Quote by GrungeBeatle
found one

No Cure For Cancer is probably my favorite Standup Special Ever

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
No Cure For Cancer is probably my favorite Standup Special Ever

i loved his christmas special thing whatever it was called

do you like rescue me?
Quote by SleightOfHand

Quote by horloko

Quote by myearshurt

I just watched that Nuclear Holocaust video.
The crowd is sad,
Like really really sad.
Lewis Black fails, hard.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by GrungeBeatle
i loved his christmas special thing whatever it was called

do you like rescue me?

yeah, but i havent heard anything about new full episodes in like a year!

Quote by Bladez22
I don't always find him funny, but I usually find him entertaining, just like how I don't always laugh at the Simpsons, but I always enjoy watching the show. Remember, not everyone finds the same things funny. I, for one, think that George Lopez is one of the worst comedians in the world. However, the TS seems to find him funny. Does my hating him make him a bad comedian? No, and the TS liking him doesn't make him a good comedian.
I agree completely. Lewis Black and Carlos Mencia are the two least funny men on the planet.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by FoolishFool
yelling a lot does not = funny

BUT HE YELLS LOUD ABOUT POLITICS SO ITS FUNNY HAHA RIGHT?
No but seriously he gets on my nerves, along with Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
I don't always find him funny, but I usually find him entertaining, just like how I don't always laugh at the Simpsons, but I always enjoy watching the show. Remember, not everyone finds the same things funny. I, for one, think that George Lopez is one of the worst comedians in the world. However, the TS seems to find him funny. Does my hating him make him a bad comedian? No, and the TS liking him doesn't make him a good comedian.

I agree with you on George Lopez. I don't think he's funny at all.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
yeah, but i havent heard anything about new full episodes in like a year!

i think they're gonna be coming out in march. have you seen any of the mini episodes; some are really really good.
Quote by SleightOfHand

Quote by horloko

Quote by myearshurt

Lewis Black is alright if you follow the news and have a good sense of the world around you...

As for Zach Galifianakis, I don't get how people find him funny. I saw one act he did that was eh, and everything else I've seen of his is pretty crappy. No one will ever beat Jim Gaffigan, Stephen Lynch, and Patton Oswalt. Dan Cummins also had a hilarious act on Comedy Central Presents. Kyle Dunnigan (that guy who plays the serial killer on Reno 911) was also hilarious on CCP.

George Lopez bores me. Dane Cook has some funny bits, but I think he's certainly overrated. Sarah Silverman isn't very funny, but she's not bad. Her show would be completely stupid without Brian Posehn. ^_^
Last edited by xSTEVExCOREx at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by xSTEVExCOREx
Lewis Black is alright if you follow the news and have a good sense of the world around you...

As for Zach Galifianakis, I don't get how people find him funny. I saw one act he did that was eh, and everything else I've seen of his is pretty crappy. No one will ever beat Jim Gaffigan, Stephen Lynch, and Patton Oswalt. Dan Cummins also had a hilarious act on Comedy Central Presents. Kyle Dunnigan (that guy who plays the serial killer on Reno 911) was also hilarious on CCP.

George Lopez bores me. Dane Cook has some funny bits, but I think he's certainly overrated. Sarah Silverman isn't very funny, but she's not bad. Her show would be completely stupid without Brian Posehn. ^_^

*throws right hook*

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Funniest part of that whole video:

but in all honesty, lewis black is funny.

people started to criticize him, how he yells at everything in his jokes, thus the bandwagon was created and everyone hopped on, and agreed that lewis black wasnt funny, simply because he yells about everything. its like zakk wylde and pinch harmonics. people say zakk wylde isnt good simply because he rapes the use of pinch harmonics.

look past the fact that hes loud. hes actually funny.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

-_- I saw Zach's improv once on TV at like 2 in the morning, and he just rambled on about random things, with no real point. Not in the sense that it was part of his style, but as if he just didn't know what to say.
Quote by The Madcap
I consider myself REALLY open-minded when it comes to comedy and stand-up comedy. Demetri Martin is my favorite, but I also like Bill Hicks, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, Zach Galifianakis, Richard Pryor, George Lopez, Patton Oswalt Steve Martin, etc. I even think Dane Cook and Sarah Silverman are alright. George Carlin isn't bad, but not my cup of tea.

I don't hate stand-up comedians too often. Carlos Mencia is one rare comedian I hate, but I also cannot understand how people find Lewis Black funny. I think he is ridiculously annoying annoying, yet I've never met anyone who feels the same way. It's easy to find someone who hates Dane Cook, Sarah Silverman or Bill Hicks, but I was wondering if anyone feels the same way as I do about Lewis Black?

You have found someone else who agrees with your judgement of Lewis black.
Quote by The Madcap

I don't hate stand-up comedians too often. Carlos Mencia is one rare comedian I hate, but I also cannot understand how people find Lewis Black funny. I think he is ridiculously annoying, yet I've never met anyone who feels the same way. It's easy to find someone who hates Dane Cook, Sarah Silverman or Bill Hicks, but I was wondering if anyone feels the same way as I do about Lewis Black?

:O
I feel the same about almost everything you said

:O
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by xSTEVExCOREx
-_- I saw Zach's improv once on TV at like 2 in the morning, and he just rambled on about random things, with no real point. Not in the sense that it was part of his style, but as if he just didn't know what to say.

thats Zach, he knew exactly what he was doing. I can see how some people wouldn't get it though

and Grunge, i saw a one or 2 but i could never figure out when they were on

Quote by Bladez22
Page 1 of 2