Not that I have the money or time right now, but I do eventually want to replace the tubes in my Blackheart. The drive sounds way too harsh to me, and I want to be able to use my bridge pup without making my ears bleed from ice-pickyness.

So, what would be the best replacements to smooth/warm up the sound of my little pride and joy?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i feel your pain with the ice-pickyness. my tiny terror still has the crappy no name chinese tubes in it (probably the same ones in yours), i'm swapping mine for some JJ's when i get some money.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
JJ power, tung sol preamp. worked perfect for mine.

that and keeping your treble around half and mids on full will help. tubes should cost you bout $40 i believe.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
^ yup thats what i did
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by slash_rocks2005

That combination works great in a VJ also.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by slash_rocks2005

that and keeping your treble around half and mids on full will help. tubes should cost you bout $40 i believe.

This.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
try a 12at7 in the preamp slot...............almost double your clean headroom and the power tube is working harder at a lower volume so you get much better bottom end at lower volumes. hit it with an od pedal you get much FATTER tone due to more power tube saturation. i use a jj in the power tube. your never gonna get enuff gain outta a single 12ax7 without modding. just think of your LG as a little bassman add pedals and enjoy!
Last edited by mmjohn at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by mmjohn
try a 12at7 in the preamp slot...............almost double your clean headroom and the power tube is working harder at a lower volume so you get much better bottom end at lower volumes. hit it with an od pedal you get much FATTER tone due to more power tube saturation. i use a jj in the power tube. your never gonna get enuff gain outta a single 12ax7 without modding. just think of your LG as a little bassman add pedals and enjoy!

You need to mod the preamp slots to allow for the 12at7 fit, correct? (Still learning)
Quote by scott58
That combination works great in a VJ also.

+ however many
Quote by shady0brady
You need to mod the preamp slots to allow for the 12at7 fit, correct? (Still learning)

No. They all fit

But I suggest JJ tubes as they are darke rto my ears.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ