I bought my Taylor 114ce 2008 model in August last year.
Love it.
Play about 2 hours a day.
Recently had a new set of Elixir Nanoweb Anti rust acoustic strings fitted, and some new Ebony bridge pins from Planet Waves to replace the cheap taylor plastic ones, i didn't have the time so got a local guitar shop to sit them.
However, i've encountered a problem i haven't had when my guitar has been previously restrung.
There seemed to be a slight buzz from under the saddle when i played certain chords. So i took a couple of strings off and swapped the bridge pins around and this seemed to resolve the problem somewhat.
But there is still a very faint buzz sound that i can hear every now and then.
Any ideas on what i can do?

Also.
I decided to try the new Anti Rust Elixir strings, but they feel grimey and rusty already (though they don't look it), could this be the Anti rust coating? Has anyone else had this problem?
I'd appreciate help/advise.
Thanks
I'm guessing that the new bridge pins weren't the right size for that guitar. There are quite a few different sizes of them between manufacturers, so it pays to know what to get before buying generic ones. Try a set from Bob Colosi. He has them available in all sizes and if not, he can custom make them for you based on your measurments. He also has an article on his site on how to measure the pins so you get the right ones.
As for your strings, they just take a bit of getting used to is all. Only the unwound strings have the anti-rust coating on them, the others all have the Nanoweb plasticy coating. The anti-rust is an electroplating process of the strings, while the nanowebbing is sort of like a condom for the strings. I like the feel of them, quite slippery. Sometimes tho, with a new set, they can be too much so.
Quote by LeftyDave
I'm guessing that the new bridge pins weren't the right size for that guitar. There are quite a few different sizes of them between manufacturers, so it pays to know what to get before buying generic ones. Try a set from Bob Colosi. He has them available in all sizes and if not, he can custom make them for you based on your measurments. He also has an article on his site on how to measure the pins so you get the right ones.
As for your strings, they just take a bit of getting used to is all. Only the unwound strings have the anti-rust coating on them, the others all have the Nanoweb plasticy coating. The anti-rust is an electroplating process of the strings, while the nanowebbing is sort of like a condom for the strings. I like the feel of them, quite slippery. Sometimes tho, with a new set, they can be too much so.

Explained perfectly.
Well done.
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!
Okay, i've finally found out that the faint buzzing is actually coming from the treble expression system knob. Something within the button is buzzing every now and then when i play.
But i'm not sure there is anything i can do about it over here in England, as there aren't any proper Taylor dealers or repair centres here.