So i went to a guitar store today.
I showed them my Ibanez PGM301 which i bought recently..

i asked them to take a look at it coz i needed the strings to be lowered.
they checked it out and theyre like..."well heres the reason, your neck is bent.."
i was sorta like wth...

and i told them it was Made in Japan...then they said "well, we sell REAL guitars here, made in america!"

jesus....

so can someone tell me that all PGMs have their necks bent and that the guitar store people are wrong?
Your neck should have a very slight bend, and those people are racist idiots.
Is it really bent, or just a little bit from about the 7~9th fret to the nut. If it looks like starts around the 7~9th fret and only goes out a bit that sounds like normal relief.

As for them saying that "real guitars" are only made in America, they're ignorant assholes. A lot of Japanese guitars (Especially Ibanez) are on par with, if not better than MIA guitars. They typically have better quality control too.
Made in Japan stuff is pretty fecking good from what I've seen.

Personally, I think the "Made In America" is just an expensive label, kinda like Gibson. Good, but worth the price?
REAL guitars are from America?

Morons.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Wtf. As if only guitars from America are real guitars. Racist ****s.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
Quote by JackalUK
Your neck should have a very slight bend, and those people are racist idiots.

Relief or something

Pretty sure it can be adjusted easily if you know what you're doing. a couple of years ago I went to GC to trade in my bass (I know I know >.< and the guy told me it was warped and that they wouldn't take it. I asked them can't you just set it up, and they're like nah it's warped too badly. Took it to Eric's Guitar Shop, set it up perfectly, no problems
they personally said the neck is bent, and that the head is really bent, but i think the head is supposed to be bent lol
ill post pics soon people
it might have too much neck relief. other than that, that was pretty much racist.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Get pictures up so people who dont want your money can have a good look at it.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Racist!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
MiJ stuff is usually has alot better price-quality ratio compared to MiA stuff.

and the new gibsons, dispite being MiA, are unreliable.

my MiI RG is nicer than my cousins MiA strat by a long way.

and yeah i think the neck being is pretty normal.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Whats all this bull**** about MIA or MIJ is better built? Is this a joke? Or are you guys really that stupid?
You have to compare brands, not countries. I can give you many guitars that are MIJ that are better built than some MIA guitars, and i can easily give you just as many MIA guitars that are better built than some MIJ guitars.

Generalising MIA and MIJ is just stupid and noobish.

Quote by Silver-spear94
MiJ stuff is usually has alot better price-quality ratio compared to MiA stuff.

And the new gibsons, dispite being MiA, are unreliable.

my MiI RG is nicer than my cousins MiA strat by a long way.

and yeah i think the neck being is pretty normal.

First sentence is bullocks.
Second sentence holds a truth.
Third sentence is bullocks (two totally different types of guitars, made for other purposes, and I guess that you tried to play metal on a SSS strat?)
Forth sentence is bullocks, because you havent even seen a detailed picture of the neck you are talking about.

Please stop giving advice if you dont know **** about the subject. (=> this is even in the forum rules)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Feb 19, 2009,
They sound like complete idiots, I suggest you avoid that shop in future.

If your action seems to get noticeably higher as you reach the top frets, you might benefit from a small shim in the neck pocket. If the action gets higher/lower toward the middle and top of the fretboard, there's probably a little too much relief in the truss rod. Either way, nothing five minutes' work wouldn't solve.

But by nature, PGMs are usually set up for a low action, so it might simply be that you've found your guitar's limit. If you're not confident setting up your own guitar, take it a proper luthier/repairer and get them to set it up for you, they can tell you stright away if there is any real problem with the neck.
Quote by tmfiore
Japan is awesome.

you're right:

MIA:

MIA:
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Feb 19, 2009,
Well, it depends on the guitar. Old japanese no-names are ****, but nearly EVERYTHING that comes out of Japan guitarwise is nearly always top-notch. Though ESP has screwed up somewhat sometimes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by tmfiore

Japan is awesome.

I've got to say I am not a fan of the new GTR, it looks like they stole the design from a 12 year old's Need for speed game.

But to the TS definitely get a second (possibly 3rd) opinion from an independent luthier
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by littlephil
Is it really bent, or just a little bit from about the 7~9th fret to the nut. If it looks like starts around the 7~9th fret and only goes out a bit that sounds like normal relief.

As for them saying that "real guitars" are only made in America, they're ignorant assholes. A lot of Japanese guitars (Especially Ibanez) are on par with, if not better than MIA guitars. They typically have better quality control too.

MIA fenders have amazing QC, but so do MIM, and CIJ fenders.

that being said, I love my mustang, and it's CIJ, i chose it over a MIA Standard Strat.
im not too sure if its really bent, i just think that the action is too high...
im not too good with guitar maintenance and what not