CRACKROCK was a band that lived at a place called THE CRACK HOUSE in Atlanta, GA sometime in the middle of the 90's.

They rule.

It's a pretty typical region style sound. I should probably start recomend awesome hardcore bands but CRACKROCK is just so damn good.

I wrote this about their song "Love Story"

The first time I heard this song, I was riding my bike through Worcester, MA trying to get the ****ty tour I just went on outta my head and focus on finding my place in a new town and fitting into a new community.

I remember when I reached the top of the hill at the College of The Holy Cross and looked out at my new city just sitting there in the hot August air wondering what all this city held for me, what all leaving that other city meant. Friends near and far. Love and hate.

My favorite line is still "I feel like I just met you, but it's been so long / you said our love would never die, / well I guess one of us was wrong". I didn't know anything about CRACKROCK at the time. Josh Mayfield had sent me a copy of the Region Rock tape that Iggy Scam put out (3 months after I ordered it by the way) and I needed something to listen to on my bike while I got my bearings to find classes because I was commuting to different schools. This song came on and I was blown away, I had no idea what they were saying with the exception of the one line I could make out and loved, but I loved everything about the song, the energy and depression and bitterness was how I felt in that transition.

Moving to Worcester taught me alot about myself and how I handle change and I think it made all this moving back and forth alot easier. This song still means alot to me as does the time I spent in the city and the things I left behind in Huntsville. Sometimes I miss them all but most of the time I'm just looking for the next place once this one wears itself out.

Here's a copy of their first (and only to my knowledge) 7"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EOASWZBB

These people are now rocking out in the band ALL NIGHT DRUG PROWLING WOLVES who are worth yer time as well.

There's a great punk scene in Atlanta, GA these days but it was funny how alot of people there didn't know about this awesome band that had been from there.

I dunno if it's too late in the month for this to be put up or if it's still my place to do these things... whatever.

Enjoy.

-David
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Wow, these guys are great. Tons of energy.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
David uses a Mac. So unpunx.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
how long have you been posting on the punk forum? People usually like bands like this here.
He means people in this forum don't usually like all of the Stza-crack rock stuff, this band is good.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
He means people in this forum don't usually like all of the Stza-crack rock stuff, this band is good.

Lots of people here do. They're certainly more popular than Punkcore bands.
Quote by kayaress one
This has nothing to do with the Crack Rocksteady Seven, right? Because that isn't the kind of band that usually gets compliments in the p0nx forum XD
What the hell are you talking about? You're new here!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Any more releases?

This is goooood stuff! I want more cos' I'm greedy for good bands like this and those 9 tracks have made me hungry for more
they don't have anymore stuff released. I saw them play a few days ago it was awesome. America has waaay too much stupid fast food.
Hello,

I found this thread when I Googled "region rock", because I no longer have my copy. I was briefly in Crackrock as the singer and I wrote Love Story. I'm not sure how long it took, but it was under 5 minutes. I quit before they recorded the 7", but that's me on the Region Rock tape (pretty sure a few minutes after I wrote it), and I sang it (and Gary's Truck) at the reunion in Chattanooga in '09. Funny how people still like it. I've written a lot of songs for a lot of bands, but this is the one people always like, for some reason.

Anyways, I just joined here so I could post the full lyrics, for posterity:

It feels like I just met you
but it's been so long
We said our love would never die
I guess one of us was wrong
I can't believe it's over now
I can't believe you're gone
Just give me enough time
and I'll be OK

I went too far this time
I wish you could forgive me, but...

The cops wouldn't understand
That I only had to be a man
They don't know everything
I need to rid my head of all this junk
But it's only been two days
Since they found you in my trunk
I saw this and for a second was mad, because I was totally planning on posting one for February - then I realized it's from two years ago. Ha!