Page 1 of 2
Well the day I have waited for for 3 years has arrived; I'll be getting my braces off in a little over an hour. For those of you who have gotten them off, does it hurt? My friend said when they sand your teeth it sounds like nails on a blackboard which absolutely freaks me out.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
It hurts after, same kinda pain as when you get them fitted, but a lot less painful.

It mostly just feels weird.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
It Really Hurts, my friend had it done and he nealy died from blood loss. Good Luck Mate.
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
They had to amputate my arm when they took out my braces. They also forgot to close the wound created by said amputation. Needless to say, I'm dead.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Depends how extensive the work is, I had six fixing rings, four on top and two below. The ones right at the very back hurt to have removed, but it was over pretty fast. Hopefully you'll get them taken off as swiftly as I did, so it may hurt briefly, then ache a little afterwards.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by Karvid
They had to amputate my arm when they took out my braces. They also forgot to close the wound created by said amputation. Needless to say, I'm dead.

Wow, I hear thats pretty lethal...
When they took my braces off the dentist slipped and smacked my jaw, I now have a permanently disfigured mouth and I have to get nutrition through tubes straight into my blood stream.
To be perfectly truthful, it hurts so bad

<.<

>.>

Edit:
Quote by cakemonster91
However, it's extremely depressing getting retainers fitted two minutes later...

Indeed...
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Feb 19, 2009,
The drill to get the glue remnants off feels wierd, sounds atrocious but it doesn't hurt too much. Your teeth will feel really smooth/clean afterwards.

That's all I remember from getting mine off, which has just been over a year ago.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Yup, the only way to take them off is the remove all your teeth and get fake ones glued in with molten purple glue.

Good luck!
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

It was about a decade ago now, but I don't remember it being particularly traumatic.
My friend was removing his, and they sat so hard that they accidently ripped his front teeth out when trying to get them loose.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Haha, why are people so unkind?

Don't worry mate, it's not that bad at all. It can hurt a little, but you won't care, trust me. I got mine off about 5 or 6 years ago and I don't remember it being bad at all.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, your teeth are gonna feel so shiny and slippery afterwards. It's pretty cool.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Feb 19, 2009,
It actually is probably the best thing you'll feel - your teeth will soon be free!

However, it's extremely depressing getting retainers fitted two minutes later...
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
dont listen, it doesnt hurt, it jus feels really wierd and you no longer get the tight feeling on your teeth.
Quote by sdmfmofo
Yup, the only way to take them off is the remove all your teeth and get fake ones glued in with the Dentist's Cum

Good luck!

Fixed it.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Didn't hurt me, tasted a bit weird when they sanded the cementy stuff off though.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by cakemonster91
It actually is probably the best thing you'll feel - your teeth will soon be free!

For all the serious replies and for all the scary ones.

I gagged so badly when I got molds to get them on, but now that I have them off I hope it will be better!

And right after I get them off I'm going to the dentist so he can clean my teeth

It feels like your teeth are liberated from the steely binds of bracedom.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Thought preferably not, as your nice, clean and straight braced teeth will go yellow.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Dude, it was the wierdest feeling ever for me. Like, my teeth felt all liberated and stuff, but at the same time they felt really slimey and like something was missing from where I had had a bunch of metal in my mouth for 2 years. Oh yeah, then getting fitted for retainers, those are real fun.
I got my bottom braces off on Tuesday (for the second time), and it didn't really hurt at all. The only thing that bothered me was the polisher they use to get the cement off. Just take some Tylenol beforehand.

We're all in the gutter, but I'm looking at the rats.
Terribly
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
I don't remember if it hurt, but I do remember my teeth felt really strange, I didn't want to eat anything I had to bite too hard.
It won't hurt anymore then a regular appointment where you get them tightened. It is going to also smell and taste EXTREMELY bad when they sand the glue down.
Yes it hurts and yes you are most likley too die and yes your teeth will rotten and vanish after they take it off. if i were you i will keep it on. okey?
Think it depends on what kind of braces you have, but with me it didn't hurt too much, just keep your tongue away from the drill... thing. It was quite quick too.

EDIT: Post a before and after pic!
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
if you get them off with your hand it might not be so bad
if you get them off with your **** it might hurt like hell
I GOT THEM OFF!!!

Getting the little brackets off wasn't too bad, they just came off really easily, but getting the cement sanded off was AWFUL. I couldn't stand the sound after 5 teeth, so I asked if I could listen to my iPod. Then I found out I didn't bring my iPod. So I got to listen to that awful noise, I brushed my teeth afterwards and was all smiley then they stuck that mold crap in my mouth..took some pics..and now I get to enjoy a day off of school
it took abt 45 min, and I didn't die!

First off, congrats bro, I used to have those annoying *****. It doesn't hurt when they take them off, my dentist just pulled them off with what seemed to be pliers.. Yeah.
For real.
It's relieving in a way, but then they like to fuck with you some more and fit you for retainers right after.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by b.m.s.
It won't hurt anymore then a regular appointment where you get them tightened. It is going to also smell and taste EXTREMELY bad when they sand the glue down.

Yeah i got mine off about 2 years ago and the thing i rememebr most about getting them off is it smelled absolutely horrible. Like burning tooth or whatever. I can still smell it now haha.

Quote by Psalm 150:4
I GOT THEM OFF!!!

Getting the little brackets off wasn't too bad, they just came off really easily, but getting the cement sanded off was AWFUL. I couldn't stand the sound after 5 teeth, so I asked if I could listen to my iPod. Then I found out I didn't bring my iPod. So I got to listen to that awful noise, I brushed my teeth afterwards and was all smiley then they stuck that mold crap in my mouth..took some pics..and now I get to enjoy a day off of school
it took abt 45 min, and I didn't die!

Congrats! What kind of retainers did they make you?
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by j_hunter_hkr

Is there a reason he's dressed like Misty from pokemon got a sex change?

...and blacked up.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Quote by Pookie6
Yeah i got mine off about 2 years ago and the thing i rememebr most about getting them off is it smelled absolutely horrible. Like burning tooth or whatever. I can still smell it now haha.

Congrats! What kind of retainers did they make you?

Thanks

I have to go back at like 12:30 to get them. They said it would be a permanent one on the inside of my bottom teeth and then a clear, removable one for my top. I hope I don't lisp

Page 1 of 2