Well, some of you may have heard about the noise control law that the government were apparently trying to implement in live music venues.

You may also remember that there was a massive petition organised to try and stop the law, that gained 86,493 signatures.... including mine

Here's the official government response:

We are pleased to tell you that there is no truth in claims that the Government is planning to introduce a requirement for entertainment venues to fit noise control devices.

Each Local Authority Licensing Authority considers every live music application on its merits, and decisions are made entirely by them. However, the Licensing Act 2003 does not allow mandatory conditions for live music to be imposed across the board. It would not be possible to impose such a condition without a change in the law and such a change is not, and never has been, on the Government’s agenda.

There is also no legal requirement under health and safety legislation for entertainment venues to have noise control devices fitted, nor is there any proposal.

The Government is acutely aware of the contribution that music makes to our culture and we remain committed to a vibrant and flourishing creative sector, of which live music plays an essential part.

See? Nothing to worry about

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Thank God. Now sort out the economy Mr Brown
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Congradulations, everything is the same as it was ten minutes ago.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
It's a strange thing is noise control. If you play at a small open air event and the noise level goes above a cirtain decibel, then people tend to complain and the event can be closed down by the police, even indoor events can be closed down if they get enough complaints from neighbouring residents, I know, it's happened to me a couple of times.
Yet a football match can attract thousands of people who make so much noise it can be heard all over town and no one says a thing about it.

Now, I'm not complianing about the noise a football match makes, far be it for me to want to spoil anyone's fun, but why should music be treated differently to football?
^ I don't know. I really hate football an what it is to America. On Halloween, I could hear the band from many blocks away. Thats high school.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I got teh email response not long ago. I petitioned against it.

Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.