ok this is going to be a very open discussion..there are loads of nice sounding acoustics but in particular what do ye think???? in my opinion taylor,martin and yamaha are really nice sounding guitars when there tuned up and with a new set of strings they sound brill but of course every guitar is going to sound well with a new set of strings.. its about your choice of sound aswell like you are not going to be playing a guitar and you dont like its sound you know.... so opinions people!!thanks
Music...Enough said.

Merci

Such is life.....
theres way to much variance and personal prefrence involved. each acoustic has its own character and theres a million different things that can give one "the" sound. ive even heard of studios and musicians keeping acoustics with loose/broken bracing around because the damage gives it a unique tone. i personally have a mitchell sce-100 thats a $200 beater and i think it sounds better than a $2200 martin D-28 that i tried out back to back just for kicks when i bought it at guitar center (actions sucks and it feels every bit of $200 to the left hand but the awesome sound is there) because it has more low end response and has more dynamic range in hard strumming (probably because of the martins thinner and therefore louder and to some tastes clearer sounding top is a little more easily overloaded with hard strums) but its all in the ear of the beholder.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
theres way to much variance and personal prefrence involved. each acoustic has its own character and theres a million different things that can give one "the" sound. ive even heard of studios and musicians keeping acoustics with loose/broken bracing around because the damage gives it a unique tone. i personally have a mitchell sce-100 thats a $200 beater and i think it sounds better than a $2200 martin D-28 that i tried out back to back just for kicks when i bought it at guitar center (actions sucks and it feels every bit of $200 to the left hand but the awesome sound is there) because it has more low end response and has more dynamic range in hard strumming (probably because of the martins thinner and therefore louder and to some tastes clearer sounding top is a little more easily overloaded with hard strums) but its all in the ear of the beholder.

thats true..
Music...Enough said.

Merci

Such is life.....
Quote by vang0341
Define, Nice sounding

a fresh sharp sound thats not sluggish or anything..
Music...Enough said.

Merci

Such is life.....
I was given a Goodall KCJ with old rusty strings. It's amazing how much volume and sustain I get out of this guitar compared to my old Takamine f349 with new Elixirs on them. No jokes and no hyperbole! I think I'll write a review on the Goodall. Comparing the two is like a Toyota Echo against a Twin Turbo Supra... miles away.

IMO, this is a truly nice sounding guitar!
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by Silverstein14
Nice sound is completely different for everyone. There is no truly best sounding guitar out there. To each their own.

This thread has no hope in progressing as it is an undebateable topic.

This.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.