Page 1 of 3
Hi i want to start something like kickbox karate jui jitsu etc. What will be the most useful one for real life? If you can give me advice and explain what that fighting art is about cos i dont know all of them.

Edit: If its ok i made it the fighting thread too. searched and couldnt find any so it can be the fighting thread i think.
Last edited by blind.quardian at Feb 19, 2009,
Ott Er Itzu

One day the otters will destroy you all... humans.
Roundhouse Kick.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
shaq-fu ftw
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Most useful in a street fight? Definitely wrestling or Brazilian Jiujitsu, wrestling more so IMO than BJJ.
It is really hard to tell because each has its pros and cons.

I myself have practice Shotokan Karate for 7-9 years and am going for 1. dan (first black belt) soon. I know that karate is an art that takes many years to master and I know that people who practice it well to full understanding will be able to take down anyone who attacks them in a single blow.

Sensei Richard Amos would be a man who can take down someone in one combination of attacks. He can take the decision when to take down the opponent.

Also there is one who taught me for 1 year called Andre, he is a guy you don't wanna mess with, he actually knocked out a judge at a competition for being in his way.

There is no best martial art, only many great martial arts. Each has it's quality. And all will work outside of the Dojo (Practicing area) with the right training
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Last edited by Gulli05 at Feb 19, 2009,
dunno, i always wanted to learn Muay Thai cause of the knees and stuff. I did freestyle martial arts for about 7 years but it was a mix of different styles.
Muay Thai and BJJ together is a combination that will never fail really. Muay Thai for it's full use of all limbs, and it teaches you to take a hit. And BJJ as you will have to ground fight in a street fight.
Pankration.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
For real life it's probably Kick-boxing. I used to do it in school, I regret stopping it.
I am gonna advice you, if you are going for Karate you must really think cause what you do in the beginning might not seem very important but it is. Kihon (Practice against invisble opponent) to Kata (combination of moves) to Kumite (Fighting) will do good training.

Laugh at what I said about invisible opponent if you must but it will make you an excellent martial artist as well as practicing Kumite and Kata beside it.
To become a great martial artist in Karate, you must be willing to practice Kihon, Kata and Kumite.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by The Shroom420
Shaq-fu

Game sucked balls...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I've found the Shorinji Kempo is very good. Its very intuitive and latches into your instinct center quickly,a nd its easy to integrate other martial arts into it. Also the fact that they have braches in over 30 countries helps.
Chuck Norris Fu..
OR maybe Falcon Punch

Or Brazilian JJ
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by Ichikurosaki
What does Hwaorang use? Do that.

Durrr. Taekwondo.

Aikido ftw (asuka Kazama [fapfapfapfapfap])
hue
Ruas Vale Tudo, Jeet Kune Do or Krav Maga.

Anyone that tells you that a ground art is the most useful in a street fight knows very little about martial arts.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
I suppose the best answer would be whatever you're best at.
Jeet Kun Do is very free form, letting you adapt to what works best for you.
Tae Kwon Do is fun and I did it for a few years, loved it, but All of those high kicks are hard to practically use with enough force to do much with unless youve been studying it for a LONG time.

Shao-lin kung fu has it's good points, but a lot of people complain about it being too steeped in tradition.

In a street fight, honestly the grappling styles, american boxing, kick boxing, and muay Thai are probably some of the most practical.

Overall I will say don't learn a martial are purely so you can fight someone... thats a bonus if the situation comes to it, but honestly the best parts of martial arts is just seeing how far you can push yourself, get in shape, and learn things.

Have fun.
Quote by YA89
For real life it's probably Kick-boxing. I used to do it in school, I regret stopping it.
Knowing what to do on the ground is way more important in a street fight especially against someone stronger or bigger than you.

I had a buddy who has been boxing for years get into a bar fight with another guy who used to wrestle in high school, he took my friend down after 10 seconds and beat the living **** outta him.

If you don't want to get your ass kicked in a street fight, learn some wrestling or BJJ before you take up kickboxing or any other form of striking.
The ancient art of Chavitsu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTGIX3WezvQ
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Whichever one means you don't go around going

"Yoooooooo, waahh, HIYAAA, weeee, woooooooo"
It's gotta be te camel toe.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by S)E-Javelin
Knowing what to do on the ground is way more important in a street fight especially against someone stronger or bigger than you.

I had a buddy who has been boxing for years get into a bar fight with another guy who used to wrestle in high school, he took my friend down after 10 seconds and beat the living **** outta him.

If you don't want to get your ass kicked in a street fight, learn some wrestling or BJJ before you take up kickboxing or any other form of striking.

How can you tell that wrestling is better than Kick-boxing for real life only looking at two people?

Kick-boxing has a free form, and you can move easily. Take wrestling, now what will happen if your opponent is a really big strong guy. You won't be able to fight with him if you're a small and not that strong. But kick-boxing gives so many opportunities for weak ppl but who know the techniques well.
guitar smacking

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Page 1 of 3