I know the 5150 is lacking in the clean department, but what in your opinion would be the best way to get some at least acceptable cleans out of the hi gain rhythm channel?
I use the lead channel for cleans. Normally the only cleans I can get are trebly but just fiddle around with the knobs and you can get some cleans.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
EQ pedal and chorus can do wonders to improve it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Turn the guitar volume down. Don't use a damn chorus, it always sounds so cheesy.
^ that...........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Horlicks
Turn the guitar volume down. Don't use a damn chorus, it always sounds so cheesy.

If I could teach anyone anything in life, it would probably be this post.
_______
|||||||||||||||
With an EQ pedal, their cleans aren't half bad actually.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by dannyisokay
If I could teach anyone anything in life, it would probably be this post.

Yeah, agreed just roll back your vollume to around 6 or 7 your clean tones will be a lot more pleasant
Quote by Horlicks

^
Yes this.

You could turn down the pre and use an OD pedal for for some extra gain when you want it.
Lower the gain slightly, turn the volume on your guitar down and EQ it slightly bassy.
A chorus can help, but it's not to everyone's taste - a delay usually works wonders with most cleans though.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Personally, I think the cleans get more **** than they should. I don't find them all that bad.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
Personally, I think the cleans get more **** than they should. I don't find them all that bad.

+1
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by DiveRightIn63

True true, they get a bad rep for how they sound but they're definitely NOT good cleans.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^Agreed sparkly cleans are impossible.but getting a nice dirty clean is something that should be possible.do the combos sound better with reverb dialed in?im thinking my best bet might be a delay pedal as my cleans sound way too dry.