They saved rock in 2001 when they released there cd. We were saved from bands like limp bizkit and linkin park and all that "now 18" crap. Now with them in the studio maybe they can come back and hit the rock scene with a fourth great album and I know they will.
I am a fan of The Strokes, a big one at that, but I don't have high expectations for the new album. First Impressions of Earth was solid for about the first 5 tracks, after that it went completely downhill, to me atleast. Also there's always that feeling a band is gonna suck after a long break up and they make a new album
They're lame. All of their songs sound the same. Although the craze of "the" bands was important for mainstream rock music, there was plenty of stuff that was good at the time that didn't make it to TRL.
Quote by justins03
They saved rock in 2001 when they released there cd. We were saved from bands like limp bizkit and linkin park and all that "now 18" crap. Now with them in the studio maybe they can come back and hit the rock scene with a fourth great album and I know they will.

"Their cd" not there, and the 2001 cd was called "is this it" sorry for being a nazi.

Yeah the strokes are a brilliant band and I really hope the next album is good. I liked about half of impressions, but I still have high hopes for the next record. I've always thought they brought something really unique that couldn't be easily seen at first glance.
Their music is simple but motivated and they play like they mean it, which makes the riffs that much more powerful.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Is this it was amazing. Still one of my favourite albums. They're recording? source?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.