i just got me a metal muff today and ive found a sound that i like and think sounds alot like metallica from the old days which is wat i was looking for so if any1 has a metal muff (with top boost) post here your settings that u use on it and next to it post what type of sound it gets you im also looking for a sabbath sound out of it so if any1 has that POST lol and something slayerish too

example

my metallica setting is- vol 12oclock top boost 5oclock treble 11oclock mids 5oclock bass 11oclock distortion 11oclock

ps also if you have something different that u use to get metallica tones id be gratefull if you share thanks!!!!
\m/ metal up your ass
^what amp are you using???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
sry vox valvetronix vt50 and guitar is bcrich nv jr deluxe v with emgs if that helps!
\m/ metal up your ass
I thought the the top boost was useless, but the EQ on it is great.
I play mostly Slayer and never had to put the gain past 11:00.
yea thats were ive got it now but what about the other knobs for slayer? and same thing the top boost is for solos i guess?
\m/ metal up your ass
I think the Metal Muff is an excellent distortion pedal.

It is one of two distortion pedals on my immense GAS list (Along with the Way Huge Fat Sandwich)

I already have a way to get great Sabbath tones, and most other metal tones, but I love the MM for the extra chunk it can give to a dark amp like mine.
^ before you get this pedal what is your amp??
cuz if you have a modeling amp or an MG it wont do you any good...........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
y not i have a modeling amp and the pedal sounds very good?
\m/ metal up your ass
Its a great pedal. I've had mine for over a year now and it just now gave me a problem...the power jack stopped working with my one spot...so I had to buy one of the one spot 9V battery clips...and it works fine again I get a pretty good metalcore sound out of mine (going to a Peavey Windsor) by keeping the top boost at 11:00, treble at 2:00, mid at 11:00, bass at 3:00, distortion at 1:00, volume to taste. Very versatile pedal, the EQ is great. A lot of times I will set it up for the sound I want, then use the top boost for solos. But when I use the settings that I mentioned above, I use my MXR 10-band to add punch/gain/mids for leads.
I think the Metal Muff is a terrible pedal. It is muddy, and characterless. It has a good EQ, though and I could find various different sounds with it.
every1 is saying they have founds sounds in it but what im asking for is what type of sounds you found and wat settings you have it set at to get those sounds plz thanks
\m/ metal up your ass
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I think the Metal Muff is a terrible pedal. It is muddy, and characterless. It has a good EQ, though and I could find various different sounds with it.

+1
Quote by Lchoke
yea thats were ive got it now but what about the other knobs for slayer? and same thing the top boost is for solos i guess?

Mids for Slayer. First get a decent sound with just your amp EQ. then go for a good scooped sound with the Metal Muff - then add the mids (and maybe take some away on the amp - that's how I ran it). Your mileage will vary.

Use this only with a clean channel on a modeling amp.
Last edited by 667 at Feb 19, 2009,