how much should the value of an older acoustic go down compared to a brand new model? say something like 15 years old and originally about $2000 new retail.
Depends completely on the guitar and/or it's rarity, I'd say. A 15 year old Martin will retain it's value far better than any Taylor.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I have seen old all solid wood guitars sell for much more then were origially purchased for.
Remember a good quality solid wood acoutic will sound better with age.
If it was not scratched and banged up I would prefer the old one any day.
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!
hmm sounds good to me. i just biught a yairi all solid for over 1000 less than its retail and its from 2005 and i think only played very little and in great condition. originally i thought it was from 94 cuz of the serial on the paper label but on the wood inside is a serial from 2005... so i think that might be the right one? plus its signed by mr yairi himself. cant wait for it to come in.
Quote by captivate
Depends completely on the guitar and/or it's rarity, I'd say. A 15 year old Martin will retain it's value far better than any Taylor.

You are now my favorite mod. Quoted for truth.

In my neighborhood, Gibson and Martin acoustics, provided they aren't the low end laminates, tend to actually escalate in value. It's a lot more dramatic for guitars forty or more years older.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break