Hey what do you think is the best Boss overdrive with a strat???
In you opinion???
Please reply!!!
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
What amp, and what tone you using/looking for?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
why Boss???
and are you using it on your Kustom ????
budget???
what strat??
what genres do you play??

*sigh* familybucket next time PLEASE............PLEASE!!!! include some info on your threads please............
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 19, 2009,
Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!! The grammar is killing me!!!!!!!!!

Erm, you might want to look at the Ibanez Tubescreamer or the Digitech Bad Monkey instead, a lot of people really dig those. If you do want to go with Boss, the Blues Driver sounds good for (have a guess) blues, the SD-2 gives quite a bit of kick and the OS-2 is pretty versatile as you can have it as a distortion/overdrive/mix of the two pedal.
You can also look into a BBE Greenscreamer, Ibanez TS9/808/dx, Digitech Bad Monkey/Blues Driver, etc. There's a plethora of options, and suggestions, but, let YOUR ears tell you the final answer. Personally, I have a TS9dx, and I like it.

Boss OD3 is their best IMO. What do you want out of your OD pedal? Lots of grit? Just a nice clean boost? A little tube saturation? These are things to consider. Again, your ears is the final judge.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
with your setup

BD2 FTW.

I have the same guitar in shoreline gold, and that's the only OD I use.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
no one can give a proper answer with the limited info you gave.

and the type of guitar has little to do with it, we need to know what kinda sound you're going for and what kind of amp you're playing through.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by EL2T
Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!! The grammar is killing me!!!!!!!!!

Oh the sweet, sweet irony.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia

I stay away from Boss pedals, I don't like them much to be honest. Have fun wasting your money though.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Keeley modded BD-2.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by eggo_boi_15

I stay away from Boss pedals, I don't like them much to be honest. Have fun wasting your money though.

You're perfectly entitled to like, or not like, whatever you want, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's a waste of money.
Quote by masterbuild
SD-1

/thread

This person is right. If it's good enough for Jonny Greenwood, it's good enough for anyone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
i have the od3, havent used any others but this ones really good imo, i get a nice warm thick tone from it with my lp and it has good bass.
Something not-Boss. Take a look at the higher-end Danelectros, Ibanez, and, if you can afford it, Fulltone OD's.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39