SO yeah I have 600 bucks to spend on a new guitar and I just cant decide what I want.I play mostly metal so I need a floyd.Any suggestions?It can be a Ltd esp doesnt matter.I was looking at some Ibanez s Guitars like this
http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar-518873-i1371857.Music123
or a Xiphos link here -> http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-XPT700-Xiphos-Electric-Guitar-512557-i1177174.Music123 But some of the Esps look pretty good to such as the MH models http://www.music123.com/ESP-LTD-MH-401-Floyd-Rose-Electric-Guitar-520115-i1438689.Music123 I just can decide. Please UG your my only hope!
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
The Ibanez S have the best floyd ever IMO.

You might wanna consider saving up a bit and getting the 27 fret xiphos cuz its awesome lol.

Here's a cheap one
Last edited by Shred-Hed at Feb 19, 2009,
Ibanez would get my vote....with a pup swap of course.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

*Ibanez Fanboy looks at thread*

Go with the ibanez

*leaves*
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
tbh dont buy a guitar if you dont like the sound of it ... why buy then swap out pup's ? might as well save the 100 odd dollars you would spend on buying a better instrument.

I'd really recommend a prestige if you can stretch to it however it's you're choice
actually, i have the mh-401 ltd, and its killer......but still i'd go for the ibanez
you arent gonna get much of an esp for 600, although the cheap ibanez's simply scream
~Defiant~
Quote by Zanon
tbh dont buy a guitar if you dont like the sound of it ... why buy then swap out pup's ? might as well save the 100 odd dollars you would spend on buying a better instrument.

I'd really recommend a prestige if you can stretch to it however it's you're choice

Because pickups are one of the most easily changed aspects of an instrument.If you find an instrument that plays and feels great and has the features you want,but the pups are bland,then a pup swap makes perfect sense.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

SA all the way

don't do it, and i'll call you gay

understand what imma tryin' to say?

oh, and tell your mom i said hey

Check out my band Disturbed
Umm... try them all out for yourself?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Ibanez FTW
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
I was leaning towards the Ibanez S anyway
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Quote by StewieSwan
SA all the way

don't do it, and i'll call you gay

understand what imma tryin' to say?

oh, and tell your mom i said hey

Those are some good rhyming skills man.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
The Ibanez 'S' series is an awesome guitar. I'd go for that one without a moment's hesitation and then upgrade the pups as soon as I could afford it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
esp for sure! I know some guys disagree, but esp makes amazing guitars, plus the pickups are sick on the esp for metal
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Id say go LTD or ESP. Either way i don't think you are going to be getting a bad guitar.

Just try before you buy.
Tbh why do peope think so highly of ibanez's? I tried out a rg in the shop and it wasn't all that especially when it comes to there bridges, OMFG
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by t0m_r0cks
Tbh why do peope think so highly of ibanez's? I tried out a rg in the shop and it wasn't all that especially when it comes to there bridges, OMFG

That's only the non-prestige line, you ignorant prick. Low-end LTDs aren't exactly amazing either. And ibanez has plenty of decent, lower-end guitars.
well i tried two rgs, one for 300 and another for 700. both i thought sucked balls but none the less there bridges are awful and alot of people will agree
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by t0m_r0cks
well i tried two rgs, one for 300 and another for 700. both i thought sucked balls but none the less there bridges are awful and alot of people will agree

Ibanez dropped the ball putting Edge 3's in the non prestige series but my RG plays like something that costs twice as much. $700 isnt exactly the best Ibanez makes thats the prestige series so go play a prestige, they usually sell the RG1570 for around $899 if I remember correctly.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor