Page 1 of 2
So the council have painted the biggest Bus Stop lines ever right outside my house.

The road my house is on is fairly narrow and our building is a flat. There are 10 car owners in this building and a few weeks ago they put double yellow lines down to prevent parking. This caused alot of bother for us to try and find somewhere to park our cars. There was space but it was a squeeze, and some cars have moved to the side street which is already full of cars. It's also even more narrow than this "Main road" and is a nightmare to drive down.

We were given no warning about the double yellow lines and from what I know the council DO have to send you a letter telling you that they will be putting them down and give you an opportunity to dispute the action, this never happend. Complaints were filed against the council from everyone in the building and surrounding area and nothing was done

Fast forward to this morning and now what little space was left is now all bus stop. From one end of the Double yellows to the other, with a gap. Again no letter or any notice so more complaints will be filed against them.

So we have nowhere to park for at least 500 meters now

Pictures:

The space is big enough for a 2 door VW polo. You can see the green/gold car up at the top which gets the other available space before more lines so people can get in and out of driveways.

Don't you love idiot councils?

PSN ID: ArranP
Christy christ thems must be some big ass buses, get a petition together for them to be re-painted thats rediculous.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by apmaman
Kettle's on if you want tea.

No he's American, the shock of British tradition would most likely kill him and he'd probably shoot you ... on a less xenophobic note that really does suck, good luck getting rid of it.
And just think how much you pay them in council tax for the honour of having your life made more awkward by assholes.
Buy some black spray paint and paint over the lines in the middle of the night.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
That's what you get for living in Dundee
But seriously, that's taking the piss, get a petition going.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by aaciseric
No he's American, the shock of British tradition would most likely kill him and he'd probably shoot you ... on a less xenophobic note that really does suck, good luck getting rid of it.

HERE IN AMERICA WE DRINK COFFEE!! RRRRAAAWR!
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
My pictures will be getting sent to the local news paper for more Lulz. If it gets printed I'll post pics of my epic fame

Jesus Christ, how big do they reckon the buses are :|
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Wow. Mabye the council just don't want you to park on that street
Sigs Are For Pussies
Quote by nebiru
Buy some black spray paint and paint over the lines in the middle of the night.

Do this.
If the lines aren't present, they can't fine you [or you can, but able to appeal - and WIN! A lot of people do this].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
That'll get annoying.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Also an e-cookie if someone makes any pic into a demotivational

Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
So I can totally find out where you live now. Mwahahaha.

(Invalid img)

But really, its fecking huge!
As soon as I saw those photos I knew it was Scotland, unlucky man.
...Bleep Bloop...
No demotivational pics yet I guess no one wants my E-cookie.

how is there even enough room on that street to park anyway? you europeans and your crazy street system
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Last edited by frozen_soul at Feb 19, 2009,
We all usually park on the one side. The Jeep usually puts two wheels on the pavement, my brother does that with his Corsa too. The jeep parked there tonight was done to make drivers complain about the lack of space to park. If they moan they cant go down the road because of the bus stop markings preventing parking the council will have to do something.

The less cars parking on ****ing pavements the better.

If you have more cars than your house and drive can accomodate, you need to re-evaluate things.

(Not anyone here personally, but a general statement).
Quote by michal23
^ Not every house has a drive or garage, you know.

No, which is what I mean - they need to evaluate what is going on and get something for their "needs".

Cars with no drives or garages and yet 3 cars.. Just silly. Really really.
So if you can't afford a house with a drive, you shouldn't have the right to own a car? Dude, what the ****?
ive never seen a house w/o a driveway
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Because the street's so narrow and there's parking allowed on both sides of the street, the stops have to be that long for the bus to be able to get to beside the curb, don't they?

But the whole layout of that street is retarded. Way too narrow to be a bus lane anyway.
Quote by Jackolas
No, which is what I mean - they need to evaluate what is going on and get something for their "needs".

Cars with no drives or garages and yet 3 cars.. Just silly. Really really.

I live in a flat or "apartment" It's not just one or two houses. Quite a few people live in this building and it would be impractical for us to share cars.

Exactly. Jackolas, your argument makes no sense. Buildings consisting of apartments that do not have driveways lead to several cars being parked upon pavements.

It is not the fault of the residents, if you hate it that much, either pay for them to relocate, protest to the government about it, or just ****ing deal with it and continue doing the oh so labouring task of stepping to the side around them.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Because the street's so narrow and there's parking allowed on both sides of the street, the stops have to be that long for the bus to be able to get to beside the curb, don't they?

But the whole layout of that street is retarded. Way too narrow to be a bus lane anyway.

The bus route has been in operation for years and never needed any kind of bus lane. Why now with no information and only at these stops? no other bus stop on this road has a specific bus stop, just the old sign post.

Wow! How long have bendy busses been in Dundee?

On a lighter note. At least you don't need to walk far to get a bus.
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Quote by thewho65
You live on a cool road.

Back in the say some dude chased a dragon along it and killed it up in some field at the end of the road, hence its name.

Go to your local MP, stir some sh*t up
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
lol unlucky man
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Page 1 of 2