What bands/songs should I listen to?
I looking for bands/songs with an abundance of classic blues riffs and phrases.
Albert King, Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vauhan, -- off the top of my head but I m sure there are plenty more...
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul
Cheap Acoustic
Marshall MG10
Peavy TNT130

Back Door Slam.

the aforementioned Stevie Ray Vaughan is a blues god as well. those are my two favorites.
Quote by Xeus
back door slam are awesome!

you mean...someone else listens to them..?!?!

i curtsy in your general direction, Mr. Xeus!
Last edited by Fender52604 at Feb 19, 2009,
Blues can vary alot. Are you looking for slow minor kind of blues, upbeat happy blues, thick blues rock? what?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by The_Sophist
Blues can vary alot. Are you looking for slow minor kind of blues, upbeat happy blues, thick blues rock? what?

All of the above
Cream/Eric Clapton, Vaughan, Joe Bonamassa, Albert King, Albert Cummings, Gov't Mule, Allman Bros. Band, Robert Randolph, B.B. King, Led Zeppelin, George Thoroughgood, Van Morrison, Johnny Winter, Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Eric Bibb, Taj Mahal, ZZ Top, Ray Charles...

Uh....

There's a lot more than that...
led zeppelin
the white stripes
the parlor mob
cream
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
i have a similar problem too.my guitar teacher said to me that it's better for me to learn blues song licks at the first place cuz it will help me a lot in future, but i don't know what songs i should learn, i don't know very much blues artists.can you give me some examples?
off the top of my head:

BB King
Albert King

Taj Mahal
Muddy Waters
Howlin Wolf
Van Morrison
Buddy Guy
Eric Clapton and his bands (blues breakers, yardbirds, derek and the dominos, cream)
Jeff Beck (yardbirds, jeff beck group, solo)
Jimmy Page (led zeppelin, yardbirds)
Allman Brothers Band
Stevie Ray Vaughan
ZZ Top
Aerosmith
Guns N' Roses

the ones in bold are all hard blues rock, but in its purest form, rock is harder, faster blues.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.