Page 1 of 2
Games or guitars? I don't know what to do. Jackson Ke2 for 1000 bucks, and I could buy it if i made like 300 bucks on my 360?

WORTH IT?? GAMES OR GUITARS?
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Dude. ditch the 360. guitar would be wayy better. easy decision.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Yah 1000Watt Marshall Stack > GTAIV
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
well I have roughly $2500 worth of gear that I payed for myself, and I still have an N64.
In my opinion, if you actually have to think about it and decide which is more important to you, then you would probably be better off with the games. Guitar obviously isn't too big of a passion or importance to you if it's on the same level as video games.
just my 10 cents
and dude howd u manage to get a dave mustaine v? those things are sickk.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
well, what games do you play on the 360?
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
I used to be a huge gamer.. then I started to play guitar... Yeah...
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.
Guitar definitely.What does a video game accomplish at the end of the day?

I'll run two scenarios showing you what I mean:

You: Hey I got to level 5 on dungeons & douche bags!

Female acquaintance: *slaps your face* Good for you,nobody cares,now sit down.....stupid.

You: Hey I just wrote this awesome song for you!

Female acquaintance: OMFG I want you inside of me!!! *rips clothes off and attacks you*

Yeah,so that's basically how it is.Music is much more fulfilling than video games IMO,I'd go for the new guitar.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by UrineMist
well I have roughly $2500 worth of gear that I payed for myself, and I still have an N64.
In my opinion, if you actually have to think about it and decide which is more important to you, then you would probably be better off with the games. Guitar obviously isn't too big of a passion or importance to you if it's on the same level as video games.
just my 10 cents

That basically hit the nail on the head. I couldn't imagine a weekend without my guitars in arms reach, or without friends and playing on the Wii. It's really your call TS, but if that's the situation with you, I'd get a $700 guitar instead and keep both.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by lethaldosage45
Games or guitars? I don't know what to do. Jackson Ke2 for 1000 bucks, and I could buy it if i made like 300 bucks on my 360?

WORTH IT?? GAMES OR GUITARS?

It's very. very that everyone on the Electric Guitar board is going to say guitar, and say that gaming is useless. If you asked a group of gamers they would probably say the opposite.

In the end, it's entirely your own opinion.
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
Go for the guitar, eventually you will grow tired of 360. Hell, I got one for Christmas and the only game I play is NHL 09, GTA IV got boring reeeeal quick.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Last edited by Mike1109 at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut

Female acquaintance: *slaps your face* Good for you,nobody cares,now sit down.....stupid.

Female acquaintance: OMFG I want you inside of me!!! *rips clothes off and attacks you*

Yeah,so that's basically how it is.Music is much more fulfilling than video games IMO,I'd go for the new guitar.

where the f*** does this chick live?!?!?!
we dont have themz around here
Quote by tukk04
where the f*** does this chick live?!?!?!
we dont have themz around here

yeah no kidding! bucha damn wiggers and preps here! haha
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Ermm..
Not sure if you've noticed, but this is kind of a Guitar forum?
In fact.. I'm pretty sure there are no video game forums on this entire website..
Sorry dude..

Majority will go for guitar.. and i think you should go for a guitar too .
At the end of the day, You won't learn **** from playing the 360. Nerds say they get "hand eye coordination" , which is basically their excuse for sitting on their ass all day playing Halo 3 or whatever.
Playing guitar gives you far better coordination, why do you think the guitarist is never stupid in a band? S'always the drummer!! XD
Quote by paintballcrazy7
yeah no kidding! bucha damn wiggers and preps here! haha

true
wait... where does you live?
Yeah I know. It can be tough... I love playing guitar and making music. I have two great guitars, and wonder if i should just stop having GAS and keep what I have and wait till i can afford the guitar or just buy it and sell stuff to get it?

BTW: All I play is NHL 09 too. sick game.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Quote by emich
guitars>games dude...

WRONG! Seriously, games are my first love.

But, with all due complete seriousness, this is the wrong forum to be asking for an unbiased opinion from. You might as well go on gamespot and ask the same question.
Quote by tukk04
true
wait... where does you live?

Kentucky
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by tukk04
damn..kentucky is a lot like PA

yeah no kidding. you figured out what your getting for your b-day yet?
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by paintballcrazy7
Kentucky

Ouch....

Wait......I live in upstate NY.....I have no right to say anything

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

this is irrelevant, you're asking a forum full of guitarist and musicians, so of course most of the replies are going to be guitar or other musical related objects. and if you go to gamespot or ign forums you'll get the complete opposite. the answer should be whatever you desires more. if your a gamer hey go for it video games are fun and sometime educational and if you wanna focus on music and make something out of it get a new guitar so you can inspire your needs.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Ouch....

Wait......I live in upstate NY.....I have no right to say anything

dude you heard of that band Blameshift up there?
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by paintballcrazy7
dude you heard of that band Blameshift up there?

Can't say that I have.We use carrier pigeons and cups with string attached to them to communicate up here so news travels pretty slow.

Quote by paintballcrazy7
yeah no kidding. you figured out what your getting for your b-day yet?

eh, maybe a wah, i dont have one yet
Quote by tukk04
eh, maybe a wah, i dont have one yet

try em before you buy and make sure youll use it bro. i bought a weeping demon and aint used it but twice now. just aint got much use for it frill.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by Pr0gNut
Can't say that I have.We use carrier pigeons and cups with string attached to them to communicate up here so news travels pretty slow.

lol. theyre frm like long island. i hang out with em everytime they play in louisville
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by paintballcrazy7
try em before you buy and make sure youll use it bro. i bought a weeping demon and aint used it but twice now. just aint got much use for it frill.

i know what you mean, but other than saving for a new guitar i dont have much else i need
I would rather spend money on new guitar then a video game any day.

Video games get old and boring after awhile, but a guitar is always fun.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by paintballcrazy7
lol. theyre frm like long island. i hang out with em everytime they play in louisville

Ahhh,well there's a huge difference between Long Island and upstate.I can hit a deer in the head with a ****ing rock from my living room window,I doubt you can do that down in the city

Quote by Pr0gNut
Ahhh,well there's a huge difference between Long Island and upstate.I can hit a deer in the head with a ****ing rock from my living room window,I doubt you can do that down in the city

ah ok. lol. i thought long island was upstate. my bad.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by tukk04
i know what you mean, but other than saving for a new guitar i dont have much else i need

id just save it then dude. dont waste it on some thing you dont need. i kno im sounding like a parent saying that, but oh well. its true.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by Pr0gNut

redneck proud, brother!
Quote by paintballcrazy7
id just save it then dude. dont waste it on some thing you dont need. i kno im sounding like a parent saying that, but oh well. its true.

yeah i got $800 coming to me at the end of the school year, and this guitar shop owner i know can give me a Jackson RR3 for $400 brand new and i might be able to get a jag brand new for $500
Guitar for sure I used to be a big gamer but now I only play on occasion, guitar kinda took over once I started
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by necrosis1193
That basically hit the nail on the head. I couldn't imagine a weekend without my guitars in arms reach, or without friends and playing on the Wii. It's really your call TS, but if that's the situation with you, I'd get a $700 guitar instead and keep both.

This.

KE3 + Xbox 360 = I'm never bored.
Quote by Pr0gNut

I have a level five DnD character right now.

I have no trouble with the ladies.

There goes your theory.

x3
Page 1 of 2