5 million claim it in U.S.

305,851,249 people in U.S. (Source )

305,851,249 / 5,000,000 = 61.17

1 in 61 people in America claim Unemployment.

Discuss.
Originally posted by Viciousxp
GRRR.. im so mad at society.

grow up, society supports you, the guitar you bought, and the internet you're posting on.
can you discuss a fact?
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

I myself am unemployed. Its insanely rough right now to find any legitimate work right now. Either you know how to fix a car or go work in McD's for 7.50 an hour in my area. It sucks right now.......
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Came As I Was

Discuss.

My opinion around this matter is that these things are fact... Discuss that bitch!
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
more people are going to claim unemployment too. and these jobs that are supposedly going to be created...hahahah...noone's going to want them because of our lowest-common-denominator serving president.
Quote by Came As I Was

Discuss.

IEmployment Insurance is usually deducted from your pay anyway, so you're just getting money back that the government took from you for that reason.

People claiming EI isn't a big problem; people undeservedly claiming welfare is.
Ok ok so if you can't discuss a fact, discuss what brought us to this. how the hell do we fix it?

grow up, society supports you, the guitar you bought, and the internet you're posting on.
It's 2m here in the Uk, which is pretty shocking and terrifying for someone who is pondering what career to go into. Plus the whole mortgage thing in America kind of screwed us over slightly, our bankers are at fault aswell though.
Quote by Came As I Was
Ok ok so if you can't discuss a fact, discuss what brought us to this. how the hell do we fix it?

no
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Much worse over here. stop crying
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Not crying as much as angered. I have a job, and for a while I had to shut up and work at a fast food joint just to keep money flowing. And the big factor for me is that 5 million people are getting paid for doing nothing. Yeah, unemployment insurance takes care of that. But it's turning into an epidemic. It just comes off to me that some Americans would rather get paid while "job hunting" and complain about the economy, instead of doing something productive.

I'm on unemployment myself at the moment since Xmas. I'm 23 in a couple weeks and I've always had jobs since I was like 14-15 (other than 2 years at college, and I worked in the summer) and this is the first time I've ever drawn EI. Although I want to finished my hours for my Apprenticeship and hope to work again soon, this is actually a nice break I have to admit. Hell, it's money which was deducted from my pay.
It's funny because i do electrical and I'm in the Union and when we do residential work which is non-union I only get like 14/hr where as commercial work is about 22/hr. Before getting laid off they had me doing a lot of residential so I'm actually getting paid just as much on EI now to do nothing than working 40 hours a week. haha
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Last edited by MetalManiac_86 at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by Deadmen
Searching for seven months, got a interview today, wish me luck.

Luck is wished unto you.
yea my dad is a statistic got laid off from his company in january, we can only hope for the best and hope obama doesnt bankrupt the oil and coal industry cause then that will create more unemployment
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
To those of you who are unemployed,

For interest sake I would like to know what your highest qualification is. I just want to know if it is due to a lack of education that you are unemployed. I know this may come across as harsh.

As for unemployment, I cannot say much for America because I am South African. BUT I can say that unemployment is a HUGE problem here. Of a population of +-50 000 000 +- 30% do not have jobs. This is largely due to the non-existance of an education system for the larger part of the population before the 1990's. (Apartheid)
I draw unemployment currently, for the guy who asked, I have several Comptia, Cisco and Microsoft certifications and a HS diploma.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I was just on it. It's nice. But it doesn't pay liek a real job
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?