I purchased a les paul copy and the fretboard sits about a 1/4 inch above the body of the guitar. since its a bolt on, is it possible to shave down the part of the neck where the plate holes are drilled? and will the this affect the guitar in any way? (its even higher than in the picture)
Attachments:
Guitar.jpg
Its a copy not a real gibson, a little music store in MS makes them, its just like the pic, that one is a bolt on too
it looks like the maker wants it to be that way, if you shave the neck away your action well be higher. up to you but i wouldnt mess with it
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
it also hasnt been sanded, painted, or clearcoated yet. do you think this will make the gap closer at all?
If you look you'll see there's no angle built into the bolt on joint! This is typical of bolt on necks that have low rise bridges. The angle is required to set the proper string height so that a tune-o-matic style bridge can be properly mounted! Since there's no angle the hwight of the neck has been raised to compensate for the required clearance. I'd leave it alone.
Moving on.....
thanx KenG. an answer that makes perfect sense. now i wont be bothered by it b/c its supposed to be their.
how's it play?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
thats the whole problem. its not even put together yet. i just bolted the neck on to see how everything fit. i dont even have my emg's yet. i still have to stain and paint it.