UPDATE: Video demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2iAuE02v88

I'd been wanting a semi-hollow and a Tele for a while now when I stumbled upon Rondo Music's website. I found this guitar for the extremely low price of around $150 shipped. I couldn't resist. At that cost, the ash body and maple neck combo would be worth it even if everything else was garbage. Well anyways, it arrived at my door today:

Upon opening the box, I was shocked at how beautiful a guitar this was. The finish and hardware quality is all really good. The tuners (while not Grovers by any means) are acceptable and hold tune pretty well once the strings were broken in. I've found a couple buzzy spots on the 6th string (around the 5th and 17th frets) but nothing a decent setup can't fix. Even the intonation was spot on out of the box.

Upon plugging it in, I was pleased to find that the pickups offered that classic Tele spank. The middle position is hum canceling as well. The volume and tone pots are pretty good. No scratching and they seem to have a wide range of adjustment. I'll try to get some recordings of it up tonight.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with the purchase. It plays better (pre-setup, mind you) then some guitars with triple the price tag. If you're looking for something to tinker on without fear of damaging an expensive purchase, or just want to expand your collection, I give the SX thinline clone a big thumbs up.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Last edited by ianae86 at Mar 5, 2009,
I want one, but the fact that they don't have a model with binding is keeping me from getting one.

They seem like excellent values.
Quote by imgooley
I want one, but the fact that they don't have a model with binding is keeping me from getting one.

They seem like excellent values.

Yeah, I can't really testify for anything else from SX, haha. I might have just been really fortunate. They have a sweet P-90 LP clone that's pretty sweet, though. Hmmmm, to push my luck again or not?......
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Dude, they're so cheap, why the hell not? Lol.

I kinda like that funky shaped one that looks like the bastard child of a non reverse firebird and a Mosrite.
Quote by imgooley
Dude, they're so cheap, why the hell not? Lol.

I kinda like that funky shaped one that looks like the bastard child of a non reverse firebird and a Mosrite.

Yeah, I saw that one also, haha. It's definitely different without being TOO over the top. An original guitar shape is a pretty rare thing these days.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.