Hey! I had a very unfortunate accident. I made a song in Garageband, and was stupid enough not to save during the process. Ironically, when the song was done, Garageband froze, and I could wave goodbye to over three hours of hard work.. However, when I look at the garageband file (which is empty) it says it takes up about 350 mb of memory... doesn't that mean that my audio tracks or stored somewhere? Or is it completely lost forever? : /
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']

One does not simply crash Apple technology?

Pfff hahaha good one. I work IT, they **** up just as often as PC's.

You could try a file recovery program, there are a few good ones out there. The only problem with that is that if there has been a lot of computer activity since the delete, your files going to be fragmented beyond use.

FYI most of these programs are pay, and the freeware ones are very limited.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
yeah how did you manage to crash an apple?

Erm, i would say its lost forever...

and in future, click save every ten minutes!!!
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']

One does not simply crash Apple technology?
It's easier than you'd think. When you max out plugins and have a bunch of audio tracks, you need serious amounts of CPU or you're going to have a crash. Especially if you're using pirated software as well. Too many people (including myself) don't turn off other applications before going into a garageband or protools session, then everything crashes.

To answer your question: no, I'm pretty sure you're effed. You need to save every few minutes, or things like this happen!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
go to finder and type in the file name it was, it might be there, if not, in finder there is a thing on the lower left hand corner that says files i used today or something like that, check there, if not idk
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

That happens to me constantly when I use garageband, so I just save constantly.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Quote by tilinmyowngrave
yeah how did you manage to crash an apple?

Erm, i would say its lost forever...

and in future, click save every ten minutes!!!

Apples crash just as often as Windows based PCs. The whole "Apples never crash" thing is a myth. Actually in my experience Apples have crapped out on me more than any of the Windows XP machines I' ve used.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ok i dont no wat ur talking about crashing, because my new mac has never "crashed" before, it may have had a program freeze a couple times, but has never accually crashed. My new PC has crashed several times, programs freeze left and right, and is about 20 times slower than my mac, ill use my mac any day over my PC
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

yeah my mac has never crashed either... so as for it being a myth... no, it might just be what programs your running etc... and what mac you have... :/
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
yeah, well I had like 6-7 other application running, and about 3 gigs of free memory, so that might have been the problem. you learn from your mistakes I guess... I'm just really pissed that I can't get my song back...
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
6-7 other application running? I'm surprised you even got Garageband up without exploding your Mac :O

But yeah, you're screwed.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
yeah my mac has never crashed either... so as for it being a myth... no, it might just be what programs your running etc... and what mac you have... :/

Yes it's definitely a myth, Macs are just as unreliable as any other computer, especially if you don;t know what you are doing. I haven;t managed to crash any of my XP computers in about 2 years. yet it seems like every time I try to do something in logic the Macs I try to use will crap out after about an hour.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The whole "Macs don't crash" is a myth, but in my experience, the actual operating system is more stable than Windows, ie, when an application crashes, the whole system (usually) doesn't crap out on you, and the equivalent of ctrl-alt-del (cmd-opt-esc) actually works, meaning it is possible to force quit an application and carry on using the machine, without the whole thing locking up every time firefox or whatever crashes.

As for your problem, you're probably fucked. Save more in future.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
but seriously macs dont crash or freeze. RETARDS who use PC's freeze the fugging thing. pcs are very unstable and if u try to go fast with them they just freeze. i hate them. Use my mac and i can go as fast as i want and im loving the fact that it still has 223.62 gigs remaining. and of course if i ever need to clean it up itll be easy =)
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic