This is NOT an opportunity to promote my band... but, recently I acquired a new bass amp, and you guys requested that I post a recording of my tone. The mp3 of my band is on my main page, and the tone that really shines is in the verses. I had the tube channel on for most of the song, and turned the FET channel on for the verses. Hope you like it!!

EDIT: 3/5/09 On my profile now, there is "In My Yard" uploaded. During the bridge the entire band strips away and leaves just me to do a mock solo. Hope you all enjoy.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Last edited by aceofbass131 at Mar 5, 2009,
I think you are overpowered by the guitars until the tone change (like :55 or so)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
I think you are overpowered by the guitars until the tone change (like :55 or so)

I agree, boost your mids and your lows a bit and you'll have more presence in the clean sections without actually getting in the way of the guitars/drums. At the moment I find your tone in that recording a little bit too thin and sharp, but you might disagree.

Other than that I liked the song alot.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Thank you for your input, guys. I am glad you liked it. My attack in that song is due to the fact that I am hitting the strings directly above their corresponding octave, sort of like Martinie from Mudvayne. I love it!
Duck

My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
pretty decent tone, a little to "poppy" for me but it really works.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Personally I'd say ask your ears. It doesn't sound bad, but ultimately you're the one writing the music so the tone should be what you want it to be and what fits the song; there's no single answer on what the best tone is, otherwise everyone would sound exactly the same. Listen to yourself and listen to how you play off the other instruments, then decide what you personally like or don't like about it. Make it sound like somthing you'd listen to even if you weren't the one playing.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Most of the time bassists cut through by either boosting the mids to PUNCH through the guitars, or by boosting to ride BELOW the guitar tone. You've got a lot of highs that are boosting ABOVE the guitars. Not to say that it's a bad thing, just a little unusual.

I'd say try and work with your low end / midrange to pull out more of the Warwick growl. Maybe try raising your action a tad?

Other then that, congrats on getting a unique tone. Sounds great! Keep it up!

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
there is an edit now...i uploaded a new song.
Duck

My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
I still think you either sound just like one of the guitars or you are getting buried in the mix
I can't tell..

(well, the break offered an insight of your tone by itself)

It blends well, but I still am find it troubling to hear it in full song
maybe it is just me, who knows
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Could use a little bit more punch, but other than that its good.
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
yeah... i am a metal bassist. (cries in corner) I never get heard. I have to live with it. But, i do take pride in the spots I am heard.
Duck

My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5