I have been playing for a little bit, but I don't know any songs yet. What are some really easy songs that sound good? My favorite bands are Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, and Led Zeppelin. I'd prefer songs from like hair-metal era, as that's my favorite genre. But, I'll take any suggestions I can get.

Any help is appreciated!
Do Dr. Feelgood by Motley Crue, Im learning it this week Ive already got the intro/chrous down and most of the verses and I just got the tab on tuesday.

EDIT: And props on the hair metal thing I love LOVE 80's rock
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
learn smoke on the water by deep purple. its easy and simple but it is one of the most famous guitar riffs. one of the first songs i learned.
i'm going to assume that you already know smoke on the water, i believe that is everyones first song. Great song too, unfortunately I just don't want to hear it in a guitar store. On the radio or CD is great though

anyway. If you like zeppelin you could always try stairway, I know its just as cliche as smoke on the water, but i found it pretty simple to play the majority of the song. The solo may be a little tricky, but the rest is pretty easy.

I know these are cliches, but there's a reason they are some of the first songs everyone knows.
They are very famous, and relatively easy.

When I think of another one that isn't so cliche i'll EDIT it in

EDIT: AC/DC could work for you. Back in Black isn't too hard and its not as cliche'd as the other two
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
Last edited by cpt jaredkent at Feb 19, 2009,
Don't Change That Song - Faster Pussycat
Your Mama Don't Dance - Poison
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Here I go Again - Whitesnake

All really easy
i'm going to assume that you already know smoke on the water, i believe that is everyones first song.
\

I only know the riff. Should I learn the solo and verse?
Quote by maidenfan15
\

I only know the riff. Should I learn the solo and verse?

actually i'm curious how many people actually know the solo and verse.

but anyways i'm gonna say if you like the song go ahead and learn the whole thing. I just wouldn't go around playing it all the time especially at guitar stores.

how long have you been playing? help me get a better idea how much experience you have.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
don't know how good you are, but one of the first I learned was The Trooped. \m/
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Quote by heminder
Van Halen - Eruption

LOL!!

Erm...

Try something like Whiskey In The Jar or And Justice For All... ?
They're both good, and not too difficult.
how long have you been playing? help me get a better idea how much experience you have.

I bought my guitar during the last summer and I learned the basics but I didn't really start practicing daily until about a month ago. I know a couple of metallica riffs, the tapping part of the One solo, and some other assorted things. I know I'm pathetic
Eric Clapton - Bad Love
Clapton - Layla (Easier than you think)
Sweet Home Alabama (Might take awhile to get the solo though)
dude, trust me, fade to black by metallica is the way to go, the after i learned the first intro riff my ability to earn tabs doubled in speed. and the second intro riff could help you with finger picking. enter sandman is easy and fun, most people know it even if they don't listen to metal.
Quote by blandguitar
dude, trust me, fade to black by metallica is the way to go, the after i learned the first intro riff my ability to earn tabs doubled in speed. and the second intro riff could help you with finger picking. enter sandman is easy and fun, most people know it even if they don't listen to metal.

maybe if it was finger picking lolol

any wolfmother.. their riffs sound sick and they are ez
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Feb 19, 2009,
Hanger 18- Megadeth
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by JimmyBanks6
maybe if it was finger picking lolol

i beleive he finger picks that part. i could be wrong, bout doubtful, he finger picks nothing else matters. james hetfield is the ****.
Quote by blandguitar
i beleive he finger picks that part. i could be wrong, bout doubtful, he finger picks nothing else matters. james hetfield is the ****.

fade to black= not finger picked

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by blandguitar
not the whole thing, the second intro riff, i think he plays the same riff in the verse, maybe the chorus.

no i know what you mean, thats my favorite part of hte song to play cuz it sounds so good lol

but its not finger picked, would be quite hard to finger pick, watch some youtube videos of it even its deffinetly not finger picked.. although finger pick-able, its not what he does and it sounds awesome just normal picked

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by blandguitar
maybe that's why i kept fu**ing it up, i just gave up because i cant finger pick worth ****. hell i cant downpick like james hetfield either.

lol yeah id say that is the reason why

i learnt to finger pick from playing a few acoustic beatles songs but i wouldnt want to try that part of fade to black finger picking, too many chords and too jumpy.. but yeah man deffinetly giv it another shot, its a lil confusing at first but once you get it its awesome, sounds amazing, goodluck on it cheers.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
lol yeah id say that is the reason why

i learnt to finger pick from playing a few acoustic beatles songs but i wouldnt want to try that part of fade to black finger picking, too many chords and too jumpy.. but yeah man deffinetly giv it another shot, its a lil confusing at first but once you get it its awesome, sounds amazing, goodluck on it cheers.

thanks will do.

and to the OP, paranoid by black sabbath is easy and fun, learned it at 3 a.m last weekend. and im not one to stay up, black sabbath is fun for alot of stuff though. electric funeral is another fun easy one from them
Quote by Gibson V
Hanger 18- Megadeth

Everything but the solos I assume you mean.

Anyway, some easy songs that I first started playing were:

Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana
Unholy Confessions - Avenged Sevenfold
Tears don't fall - Bullet for my valentine
Iron man - Black Sabbath