I'm upgrading some of my gear, and today sold my Rocktron Austin Gold overdrive pedal. I'm in the market for a new overdrive pedal and am mainly looking at the Jekyll and Hyde V2, Carl Martin DC Drive, and Fulldrive 2 Mosfet. I need a very warm & smooth mild overdrive and if it has a wide range of gain/drive that's a plus. The J&H V2 might be pushing it on the "mild", but I really like the way they sound.

My understanding is that the J&H V2 and DC Drive are TS-808 style pedals with some "value added features". Is the Fulldrive 2 based on the TS-808 basic design/circuitry or is it a unique design? I had narrowed it down to the J&H and the DC Drive based on what I've heard and seen, but keep hearing that the Fulldrive 2 is the best OD in the price range. I've listened to some online clips and they do sound very good and it looks like they are well made.

One of my favorite guitarists (Daniel Carson) also uses one so I'm trying to learn more about them. If there are other pedals (under $175 or so) that I should be considering please let me know too.
the Fulldrive is pretty much based on the traditional tubescreamer, but also has a few different settings that include taking out the mid hump, traditional tubescreamer setting (my fave), and clean comp (strictly clean and super transparent boost).

i say go with the fulldrive, you won't be dissapointed. but it doesn't have tons of gain to add to your amp if that's what you want...so if your amp is already close to the gain you need it at, then the pedal will be perfect.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
then get it bro.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
the FD2 MOSFET is defintely what you would be looking for. its mild, smooth, and extremely versatile with all the different modes. its also very well priced, i got a blem model straight from fulltone for $125
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
if you dont need the additional gain then get it.

the mosfet can get pretty gainy if you ask me once you push it into mosfet mode.

definately one of the best OD's you can get.

Also look into Way Huge pedals if you want a bit of that dead on Tube break up sound.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Feb 19, 2009,