Last edited by -O_O- at Feb 19, 2009,
The answer is always C

Edit: and on the essay questions, it's always Chuck Norris
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
In England they are piss easy, although im assuming they are different in the States.
Quote by Karvid
The answer is always C

"What letter is inbetween A and C?"

Your plan is foiled
Quote by steee21
In England they are piss easy, although im assuming they are different in the States.

Probably. I didn't even think they were called sat's in England.
Quote by St.Loony
"What letter is inbetween A and C?"

Your plan is foiled

Answers:

A:Z
B: X
C:B
D: F

plan unfoiled
SAT's were so painful

made childbirth look easy

and i have a willy .....
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by -O_O-
Probably. I didn't even think they were called sat's in England.

You only do them when you are young and they mean nothing really.
they're not too hard as long as you do like 2 practice tests. i did them recently and i got decent results.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
I take it these are the ones you do at 14 years old? If so:

-Yes, they are easy

-No, you don't need to revise as much as teachers tell you.

-They aren't as important as teachers tell you they are.

However having said that, try to do well because if your school splits students into sets (by that I mean groups of ability) and you do awful, you will be forced into a low set and possibly be forced to take an exam in a few years where you can't achieve full marks no matter how well you do.

And if you think they workload is hard now, you are in for a whole world of pain.
Quote by steee21
You only do them when you are young and they mean nothing really.

Oh. Well these mean a lot in America, they pretty much decide whether or not you get into college. I'm scared
The questions aren't too bad if you study, but no matter how prepared you are it is a bitch. It takes forever and by the end you have considered suicide many times.
Quote by MH_Worshipper
I take it these are the ones you do at 14 years old? If so:

-Yes, they are easy

-No, you don't need to revise as much as teachers tell you.

-They aren't as important as teachers tell you they are.

However having said that, try to do well because if your school splits students into sets (by that I mean groups of ability) and you do awful, you will be forced into a low set and possibly be forced to take an exam in a few years where you can't achieve full marks no matter how well you do.

And if you think they workload is hard now, you are in for a whole world of pain.

14? these are the ones you take when you're a junior in high school
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by slashnmash
Lol! SAT's, not even GCSE s.

Guitar Center's Sex Education?
US SAT's are completely different from British ones. I suggest the Brits stay away from this thread, they'll be confusing all of us.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by frozen_soul
14? these are the ones you take when you're a junior in high school

Mhm, these are the ones I'm talking about.
math is super easy but reading and writing is a little challenging, i suggest practicing a lot for those two.
Quote by Marshmelllow

It takes forever. I didn't study, and it was fine. Just go in there confident and you'll be fine. Although it's a broken record, eat a good breakfast. It's a long test and if you're hungry/thirsty it seems way longer. I took them last year. No big deal. You'll be fine, trust me.
Gear:

Fender 1980 "THE Strat"
Fender 2005 MIM Tele
Jay Turser Les Paul

Monster Cables

Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff (NYC)
MXR Phase 90

Crate V33H head
Crate V212 cab
Quote by TimK
It takes forever. I didn't study, and it was fine. Just go in there confident and you'll be fine. Although it's a broken record, eat a good breakfast. It's a long test and if you're hungry/thirsty it seems way longer. I took them last year. No big deal. You'll be fine, trust me.

Thank you. You actually made me feel a little bit better about them. I'm just scared because I'm not exactly smart. And there's nothing I hate more than taking long tests.
Painful?
Well, physically, not at all.
Mentally, not at all.
Emotionally, not at all.

Teachers always overhype exams, 'cause they want the students to do well so the school looks good. Still, it's probably good practice to revise for them, and to make it a habit for later exams. Only if you want to do well though... :P
I was going to say that they're easy and you'll be fine, but it appears that none of you can even use apostrophes correctly.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
They aren't that hard, it's just the 4 hours of straight testing that gets to you.
Just don't lose track of time and you'll be fine.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Last edited by thefuzz454 at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by rabidguitarist
I was going to say that they're easy and you'll be fine, but it appears that none of you can even use apostrophes correctly.

easy, but they also mean nothing

your results will have very little to no effect on anything else
Llama

On

Llama
Quote by rabidguitarist

Ooh! Ooh! I can

Did you see? I even said "'cause" (with an apostrophe) instead of "cuz", or "coz" or something else

I am teh master of teh apostrophez
Last edited by TheWickerMan666 at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by rabidguitarist

"One unusual modern use of the apostrophe is in plural acronyms, like “ICBM’s” “NGO’s” and “CD’s”. Since this pattern violates the rule that apostrophes are not used before an S indicating a plural, many people object to it. It is also perfectly legitimate to write “CDs,” etc. See also “50’s.” But the use of apostrophes with initialisms like “learn your ABC’s and “mind your P’s and Q’s” is now so universal as to be acceptable in almost any context."
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
ASDFGHJDFGHJKL. Kind of random but, I wanna do better in school. Can someone give me some advice?
I took mine in January and I got a 1650/2400 (not terrible, but lower than I expected). The test questions are not really that hard. It's just you have to be really strategic with the time you're given. I suggest borrowing/buying a nice prep book and trying some sample/practice tests. Also, do the SAT Question of the Day on Collegeboard.com. Did you take the PSAT?
Quote by guyperson
I took mine in January and I got a 1650/2400 (not terrible, but lower than I expected). The test questions are not really that hard. It's just you have to be really strategic with the time you're given. I suggest borrowing/buying a nice prep book and trying some sample/practice tests. Also, do the SAT Question of the Day on Collegeboard.com. Did you take the PSAT?

Yes. I did terrible.
For those of you who took the PSAT before taking the SAT, how do you think I'll do on the SAT? I got 205/240 (2050/2400) on the PSAT. Is that any indication of how I'll do on the actual test?
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Last edited by maninthebox24 at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by maninthebox24
For those of you who have took the PSAT before taking the PSAT

*head explodes*
Page 1 of 2