I used the search bar and I was travestized by the lack of a Ted Nugent thread. Lets all come together and discuss the awesomeness of America and Ted Nugent. The man is skilled, a truely inspirational guitarist and changed music with his in your face attitude and playing style to match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbj3WkSh2cQ
He called me a rapist and a recluse! Iam not a recluse!
-Mike Tyson
Anyone want to recommend an album to a Nugent virgin?

I like live albums alot
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
nugent is a beast. no doubt about it.

stranglehold is an amazing song.

and hes from michigan, oh yeah!

whatelse to say?
Ted has almost no influence on the guitar world. He has one big hit and a couple of minor successes. His most popular work was 1990's Damn Yankees (not his solo stuff). I'm sorry but Ted is an overrated (by himself, only) buffoon.
BTW, before you flame... know that I don't hate him. In fact, I like "Stranglehold" a lot and a couple of others, ok. But, I stand by my above opinion.
Quote by b-rock34
Ted has almost no influence on the guitar world. He has one big hit and a couple of minor successes. His most popular work was 1990's Damn Yankees (not his solo stuff). I'm sorry but Ted is an overrated (by himself, only) buffoon.

damn,
thats rough man. thats really rough...
I saw him live in the 80s, he was good. Bit of an NRA redneck though.
Quote by classicguy
damn,
thats rough man. thats really rough...

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry, but it's my honest opinion and I feel pretty strong about it. I'm not a hater, though. I've seen the guy live at least a few times and I've met him a few times as well. Honestly, he was a cocky douche bag in person. Maybe if he weren't so "in your face", and if I hadn't heard him call himself a guitar hero. That stuff is ok for a young rock star in his prime. But, for a an aging dude near 60...
Quote by b-rock34

Epic fail.
He called me a rapist and a recluse! Iam not a recluse!
-Mike Tyson
Then again, if you're gonna post a thread looking for praise for a guy like Ted, you can't expect every one to share your same opinion!
I never really liked how he is involved in politics and his ultra conservative stance. Also, he comes off as a dick alot of the time. However, i will say Stranglehold is a master piece and although i dont like his other work, he is still a good guitar player.
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"