How are you supposed to use the standby and power switches on a tube amp? Could someone put this basically in the most basic directions? I dont know the exact way and i dont want to burn out my tubes any faster than necessary.
Flip Power switch > Wait 30 seconds/1 minuite > Flip Standby & play.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3

This is right!
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Turn on: Switch power to ON, wait a short while, switch standby ON.

To turn off: Switch standby OFF, (wait very short) Switch power OFF
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by Yngwi3

More like 10 seconds.
Quote by backtothe70s
To turn off: Switch standby OFF, (wait very short) Switch power OFF

You can actually turn them off however you want. I usually flip em both at once.
Quote by Horlicks
More like 10 seconds.
Meh, I don't count, I just make sure I'm tuned up whilst waiting for it to warm up
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Dunno if its the way you guys are describing it, but shouldn't the standby switch be ON before you turn the power switch on?

The standby is there so you can warm up the tubes before putting the full current through them so it'd make sense for it to be ON before you switch on the amp. Because then you'll be putting the full current through them straight away.

That makes sense to me, and if thats what you've already said then heh I'm not entirely sure as one of my amps doesn't have a standby switch and the other has a switch that says 'Standby' or 'Play' (which I took to mean On / Off)
Quote by Yngwi3
You can actually turn them off however you want. I usually flip em both at once.

I don't because I've heard of amps getting short circuited when doing that. Could just be bad luck but I don't take any chances ^^
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Somebody should make a sticky about this.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by cavalier14
Somebody should make a sticky about this.

They have done, which is just incredibly ironic since it shows you haven't read the stickies.
Quote by Horlicks
They have done, which is just incredibly ironic since it shows you haven't read the stickies.

I don't have a stand by switch, therefore I didn't care, so I didn't remember.
I have read the stickies, thank you.
A few of them I have I read multiple times.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by backtothe70s
I don't because I've heard of amps getting short circuited when doing that. Could just be bad luck but I don't take any chances ^^

...Can't say i've ever heard of that happening... but ok
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace