Hey everybody, I'm new and I was wondering if you could recommend a guitar for me. The only guitar I have currently is a Fender Strat Squier. I have been playing on and off for about 1 1/2 years and I would say I am between Beginner (beginner not as a "Complete" beginner, but a decent one) and a intermediate guitarist. I play Metallica, Eric Clapton, Green Day, Sum 41, Led Zepp, Ozzy's music, Chili Peppers. I need a guitar that sounds decent clean and amazing distorted for metal. It also needs to be easy to tap and at or under $800. I've had people recomend me anything from a Schecter Hellraiser, to an Ibanez MG Series, to a Epiphone, etc. So requirements:

Easy to Play or at least somewhat easy to play
Electric
Decent clean
Amazing Distorted
Easy to tap, hammer, pull
At or under 800 Bucks

Thanks guys!

Thanks Guys
Fender MIM HSS Strat, with a pickup upgrade.
Solved.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Wait and buy used, it's much better for value.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
"Amazing Distorted" is not a quality of a guitar for the most part. That would be the amp.
if you're going to be going to a music store then you'll be able to try them all before you buy them so buy the one that feels and sounds best to you.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Go and play at least 3-4 before making any decsion!

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
What amp are you playing through at the moment?

I ask because it may well be worth upgrading the amp before the guitar. If you're playing through a tiny practice amp then you ain't gonna be able to do justice to a really nice guitar.
Quote by Jerry.thewise
"Amazing Distorted" is not a quality of a guitar for the most part. That would be the amp.

Also, 'easy to tap/hammer/pull' isn't quality of the guitar, but the setup.
well, yeah, Upgraded HSS MIM strat, I like the SC's but not the HB.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.