Decided to do this today, took about 20 mins but I really wanted to record the main solo section, so I did. End is slightly different. Interested to hear your comments.

http://www.bandstand.org.uk/~jmitchell/music/flyingsolo.mp3
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
14 views and no comments...
--
I'll be the first I don't really like the solo much...sounds too much like an improvisation IMO. Your playing is great though, very impressive legato in this song by Satch and you covered it well! Good stuff
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Maybe a little more high end on the guitar just to brighten it up and make it cut through a little more.

Playing was sublime however. I don't know the song but you got a great satch style feel to it and i could tell everything was in order. Nailed some of the tricky uneven rhythms rhythms that satch likes to throw in.

Would be most grateful if you could take a look at mine:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073115
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Done g1asseye
--
O.K... so I'm a huge fan of Satch and especially this song so I may be a little overly critical. You're definitely playing in his style, but it just sounds messy. Phrasing is a bit off (sounds a little rushed in spots), and picking sections of the solo aren't very fluid. Now with that said, it's also one hell of a solo to bite off and chew so kudos on the attempt. It was pretty good overall, but if anyone is going to cover somebody like Satriani, Vai, etc. then they had hit pretty much on the head IMHO.
Very nice, if I didn't know better I would have thought that it was Satch playing himself.