I want to mod out a Squier bullet strat to be like my favorite guitarist Tom Delonges. I'm going to get the invader pickup for the bridge. I don't want it to have 3 pickups just 1 and I also only want 1 volume knob. So what do I have to buy to get that?
if you're in the US you can get one from guitarfetish for like $10-$20 depending what color you want.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Last edited by mikeyElite at Feb 19, 2009,
you need a new favorite guitarist, and you can get all of the things you listed off of sites like guitar fetish and warmoth.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by famous1234
I want to mod out a Squier bullet strat to be like my favorite guitarist Tom Delonges

Guitar Fetish pickguards wont fit Squiers exactly, so you might need a drill press and a drill but and countersink bit for it to fit perfectly and look stock. Do a search for custom pickguards, theres a site thatll get you an exact-fit Squier guard, all you need is a tracing of it.
Quote by sabres61
you need a new favorite guitarist, and you can get all of the things you listed off of sites like guitar fetish and warmoth.

Dude u like dragonforce and they suck shut up!
Kudos for the aspiration. I myself have never been one to mod out to sound like someone, or even to purchase signature series guitars... Why not play what you got so Fender, Gibson, Schecter, or PRS want to make YOUR signature series?? I just don't wanna sound like something that's already out there. But as they've always said, "imitation is the highest form of flattery."
Quote by taylor.michel
Kudos for the aspiration. I myself have never been one to mod out to sound like someone, or even to purchase signature series guitars... Why not play what you got so Fender, Gibson, Schecter, or PRS want to make YOUR signature series?? I just don't wanna sound like something that's already out there. But as they've always said, "imitation is the highest form of being a douchebag."

...wait *looks at half finished frankenstart build"....nevermind.
Quote by taylor.michel
Kudos for the aspiration. I myself have never been one to mod out to sound like someone, or even to purchase signature series guitars... Why not play what you got so Fender, Gibson, Schecter, or PRS want to make YOUR signature series?? I just don't wanna sound like something that's already out there. But as they've always said, "imitation is the highest form of flattery."

Well first off I'm 14. Second, I have no band
Quote by bigfoamfinger
Line6 Spider III 30 watt w/ FBV Express pedal

LOL!!!!

i see you ignored my laney then
Quote by famous1234
Well first off I'm 14. Second, I have no band

He means just make your own tone that you like.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
He means just make your own tone that you like.

Exactly.

HOWEVER at the age of 14 (about the same age I first picked up the guitar) there ain't NOTHING wrong with experimenting the way you are. In the long run, you'll learn a lot more that way.
Quote by famous1234
I want to mod out a Squier bullet strat to be like my favorite guitarist Tom Delonges.

this made my day.
Quote by SuperJoop

this made my day.

Why do you feel the need to be a ****?

He likes blink-182. Get over it
honestly, I don't know what everyone's fuss is over, he wants to mod a squier into a tom delonge strat. Who cares, like i'm 20 years old and I also like Tom Delonge but it's my personal opinion so I shouldn't have to defend it.

Anyways...ya just buy a pickguard off of eBay or something, that's what I did and I put in a Seymour Duncan Distortion into my strat.
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
Quote by famous1234
I want to mod out a Squier bullet strat to be like my favorite guitarist Tom Delonges.

Well, he is pretty good with all those wild guitar solos he does and all......
ya dude im 14 didnt u like them when you were 14

no, I had enough sense even at 14......
I'm going to get the invader pickup for the bridge.
I've never played one, but consensus around here is the Invader sucks.

I know a guy that was in love with Blink 182 and bought that goofy signature Dingdong strat, pile of junk. All it can do is strum some teenage tunes, and thats it.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50