Page 1 of 2
So I am going to have a horror movie night with my girlfriend of a year and a half and some of her friends. And it's my job to scare all of them, but the problem is there are no good movies that recently came out. Correction, there are no scary movies. So aside from showing off my horrendous musicianship I am outta ideas. Any movie suggestions?
Goatse or The Prestige?

EDIT: Oh yeah and Teeth too
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Last edited by ThinLizzyFan at Feb 19, 2009,
Children of the Corn
Eraserhead
Susperia
Repulsion
Psycho
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Feb 19, 2009,
Dont show a gore horror unless you'r really stuck

what about a classic like Psycho, the excorsist (spellings wrong i know) or the Shining??
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
I have a few classic one's planned like The exorcist and The Shining. Never heard of a lot of these. I will look. Any commets on the Horrorfest 8 films to die for? I was lookign at those. And I'm sorry but most of them have already seen my penis.

And please pardon my constant typos.
Last edited by freeloader1504 at Feb 19, 2009,
These girls won't have the patience for Psycho.

Nightmare on Elm Street would be right up there alley. Or if I'm not giving them enough credit do the Shining.

If they're completely stubborn play bad Japanese horror.
The Hitcher, the original one. Uhhh, I thought The Descent had some decent scary atmosphere, but that's kind of sketchy for what you're looking for. Eraserhead, maybe.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
Suicide Club = bad Japanese horror, but I loved that movie. I mean, at least that's what I remember it as. Also I must admit that Akira freaked me out. Maybe you could watch Jaws?
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
The one with the creepy Japanese kid whos a ghost, that messes with your mind.
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
doesnt matter. just dont come back a virgin dammit

make us proud little man
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Japan has some pretty freaky stuff
Check out Audition...messed up film
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
aphex twins music videos
candyman
suspiria
silence of the lambs

..and for women especially, Dead Ringers-the movie about the evil twin gynecologists
^aphex twin fosho!

I would try and avoid older movies. They're absolutely fantastic if you can grasp it, but to be honest hardly anyone [in our generation] can really get into them anymore, the outdated technology involved would probably break the mood and turn it into comedy night

My mind is going. I can feel it.
All sit down at a computer, google obece a la morsa (I think...) and all sit down and watch it.

It will **** you up more than any horor movie.
Quote by TheBabySnatcher

Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Brilliant film.

One flaw however; It is not scary in the least.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
the ring
the ring 2 ( if there was a third one then show that one too)
silence on the lambs
red dragon (and whatever the third one was called)
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Cannibal Holocaust
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by angusfan16
Children of the Corn
Eraserhead
Susperia
Repulsion
Psycho

****ing wierd (but good) movie
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
if they have no trouble with subtitles, i suggest the original [Rec] , that's pretty good.
Dog Soldiers is a great dark comedy B-movie that might get mistaken for horror/gore. I guess it's technically a gore flick, but they added too much hilarity. No, not by mistake.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Zombie Genocide!
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
If you want a really good AND creepy movie, but don't mind subtitles, definitely check out "The Orphanage"

Japanese horror flicks are supposedly some of the best out there, but i've heard that they can get pretty ****ed up so you might want to stay away from them.

Also, Friday the 13th Part IV is pretty entertaining, you know, just in case you're looking for a classic slasher movie.

Also, Red Dragon and Hannibal are ****ing awesome IMO. Anthony Hopkins AND Edward Norton?? You can hardly keep your mind from exploding from the awesomeness.
Quote by Schism1985
If you want a really good AND creepy movie, but don't mind subtitles, definitely check out "The Orphanage"

Japanese horror flicks are supposedly some of the best out there, but i've heard that they can get pretty ****ed up so you might want to stay away from them.

Also, Friday the 13th Part IV is pretty entertaining, you know, just in case you're looking for a classic slasher movie.

Also, Red Dragon and Hannibal are ****ing awesome IMO. Anthony Hopkins AND Edward Norton?? You can hardly keep your mind from exploding from the awesomeness.

Ed Norton is indeed a man of brilliant awesomeness
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Honestly if its a bunch of girls, you shouldn't have to rent anything uber scary to get them (no offense lady's I know some of you guys don't scare easily )
I liked:

Boogeyman 2 (pretty decent slasher imo)
Cry_Wolf (not scary, but EXCELLENT plot)
Saw 1-5 (if you like gore)
28 Days Later (excellent zombie movie)
28 Weeks Later
Night of the Living Dead (good classic horror movie)
Halloween (either the original or the remake)

None of these movies are really all that scary, but they have some moments that can cause you to jump

And just for laughs, rent Sharks In Venice haha

Quote by freeloader1504
Any commets on the Horrorfest 8 films to die for? I was lookign at those.

No. Trust me, you are not missing a single thing with these movies. Please don't waste your money
If you pick up something with an ass-kicking chick lead, you're doing it right.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by shadesofanger
Cannibal Holocaust

lmao. This is what I was trying to remember when I said Zombie Genocide or something.
My global teacher told me about it and I forgot the name.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
here are some recommendations:

if you want them to SCREAM a lot but not be scared so much after the movie is over, you watch ARACHNOPHOBIA

if you want a movie that will make them laugh as much as scare them, and CREEP the hell out of them at the end, you watch SLEEPAWAY CAMP

and if you just wanna DISTURB them a bit and put them in strange and harrowing moods, you watch REQUIEM FOR A DREAM

a few others that you cant go wrong with (that have been mentioned)
jacob's ladder
the ring (usa version 2002)
descent
At least pick one movie you guys can make fun of. Oh, and at Teeth
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Page 1 of 2