I haven't recorded In a while, I finally traded my spider 2 for a crappy first act strat...so with that being said I'm getting a peavey Vypr just because I like modeling amps for practice amps I want to start recoding again, MY friends have some nice tube amps I could use so dont worry about all that

what i want to get is
-A mic for guitar, and vocals, if possible
-and something to hook that up to my computer
-would I need a mic pre? or are they ones on an interface good enough?

what else would I need, and could you guys temm how much all this would run me?(us dollars)

by the way I record with Magix music maker, and cool edit
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
Well an interface will run you $129 and up most come with better software than you are already using. A mic Shure SM57 will be $100.

Will you just be recording guitar? Or drums as well... Do you have a budget?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
TL Audio VTC > Motu HD 192

For mics, U87's, ROYER R-122V MATCHED PAIRs, and an SM57 for luck.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Well I would like to keep it cheap, but upgradeable, like the sm57 is used in higher level recodings so its good, I'll def get one of those, now for the interface, I have a crap hp pc its terrible only 247 mb of ram so the ones i'm using right now are fine for software, I just need something to run my mic into the computer via usb because my soundcard is horrible

whats the best usb interface for the price, I will need atleast two mic inputs I will only be recording guitar and vocals, what would suit that best?

and as far as budget goes I'm getting the shure mic(sm57)
so thats 100 I only have 140
so the interface should be under 120
I can get the rest of the money easily
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
Well to be honest that is not much ram at all. I think you will want to try and upgrade your computer or else it will not be able to run the recording programs. Most require at least 1Gb of RAM. For interfaces check out the E-Mu 0404 or the Presonus AudioBox. They might be a smidgen out of your budget. Check out Tascam stuff as well.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off