hey, im going to my bud's barmitzvah on saturday, and as far as his interests go, all i know is that he plays guitar, so i figured guitar gear would be a good gift. with maybe $30-40 to spend, i cant decide what to get him. i was going to get a danelectro pedal, possibly the EQ, but they dont have the danelectros at my gc anymore and i dont have time to order one online. so does anyone have any suggestions on what to get? should i just get picks and strings and stuff? he's probably gonna get a JSX 212 from his parents, so yeah...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
straps ??
Picks??
Maintenance kit??
Bad Monkey ???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
oh yeah, he said he was thinking of getting an OD. does anybody know if those really cheap ibanez pedals are any good?
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Strings
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by Td_Nights

Cleaning guitars is for pussies.

Jk man. I baby my Strat like it's a kid. It's weird, because I never care about dropping it, I love how scratches look on it, I love how the strings have started to wear down the neck at the body (I play SRV style... really ****ing hard).

But god forbid I ever see fingerprints on it

And I second the Bad Monkey.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
just get on cragislist and see what deal you can get for a pedal.

BBE sonic screamer or some sort of OD.

Hell or some digitech multieffects pedal.

some old DOD modulation unit on ebay.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Cool-Cat-Series-CTO1-Transparent-Overdrive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=482332

I've heard good things about this.. plus its true bypass and made of metal. Might as well give it a go.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
GC giftcard. Nothing says I have no funking clue what you want like a gift card.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Get him a cool looking strap and a slide.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Look for a used Bad Monkey on Craigslist, or like Kevin Saale said, just a 35$ GC giftvard.

EDIT:
or t3h br00t4l str4p w1t t3h ups1d3 d0wn cr0ss 0n 1t
br00t4l!!!!!!!
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by Kevin Saale
GC giftcard. Nothing says I have no funking clue what you want like a gift card.

lol this

my aunt gave me a prepaid visa for my b-day lmao she said it was that or A7x tickets and she didnt know if i liked them... heheh

maybe strap locks and some other piddly stuff that every guitarist has to buy pics, strings, my personal favorite empty tab booklets(i have an extraordinarily bad memory), or another favorite straps(i collect and hang them on my wall)... :]
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
Quote by Kevin Saale

way to steal from seinfeld but i guess thats what im gonna do. something from the danelectro line would've been perfect, but as i said they dont got em at my gc anymore
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
^
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i second just strings, picks, and nice strap. but i also second the gift card. cuz he can use it towards any new equipment from gc that he wants.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Slides
Quote by imgooley
Slides

hah, maybe i should get him a VH-140C while im at it classic goolz
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
gift card. iono i think strings and picks and string cleaner stuff are the best cheap gifts for any guitarist. or if he needs a strap, buy that.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack