so i got an MiM fender jazz bass and was wondering wat each of the knobs do since ive beeen playing i havnt rly done anything with them at all thinkin i dont rly need to no that till i know how to play better but now that i can acualy play somewhat adequetly i want to know how they work

so i got the top one the middle one and the bottum one thats slightly smaller than the other ones what does each one do

also a side note just not to make another thread can u slap/pop on a acustic bass?
Volume, volume, tone. The tone is the one closest to the jack.

Yes you can slap and pop on an acoustic.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
so is the top knob a volume for the kneck pup and the lower one for the bridge pup?
Yes you are correct.

If you ever want to mod your bass, you can swap the first volume fora series\parellell switch volume knob. Look it up.

Good bass you got there.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The problem is that if you don't have the two volume pots full up you lose top end or you did on the older Jazz basses.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by Cubertt
So I've got a MIM Fender Jazz Bass and was wondering what each of the knobs do. Since I've beeen playing, I havnt really done anything with them at all, thinking that I don't really need to know that until I know how to play better. But, now that i can actually play somewhat adequately, i want to know how they work

So, I've got the top one, the middle one, and the bottom one that's slightly smaller than the other ones. What does each one do?

Also, as a side note, so I don't have to make another thread: Can you slap/pop on an acoustic bass?

Fixed...sort of...dear lord man...

Anyway...the first is the volume for your front/neck pickup. The second is the volume for your back/bridge pickup. The third is your tone knob. Turning it down is somewhat similar to turning down the "high" knob on your amp.

This actually should have been one of the first things you learned...

And yes, you can slap and pop on an acoustic, but the technique is very different. To make it sound good, you have to slap near the bridge, rather than near the neck like on a normal electric bass.
Nope, no sig here.