16 28%
A necessary evil
10 18%
Doesn't affect me
13 23%
I want out
18 32%
Voters: 57.
After a chat with one of my mates back in Blighty, I started wondering. If a referendum was called, would Britain leave the EU?

So I decided to transpose it to Pit-scale :P

What is your opinion on the EU?
I want out, if only to f8ck over all the MEPs, most of whom are nothing more than political has-beens, or no-hopers that wouldn't take a job in local government or the regional assemblies.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Bring back the Empire!!!! in a non-racist kinda way

The Empire was never racist, it was just a way to spread the tea-drinking lifestyle.

BTW I want out too
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
I want out and now! It's completely unconstitutional and undemocratic.

I'm all for Europe, but there is a difference between Europe and the EU.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
having gone to a european school and half-german as well you could say i've been brainwashed to be pro-europe. That said, I don't want out, but I don't want any further in.

Too be honest the EU is undemocratic and ridiculously bureaucratic. It has it's uses and as it is right now is fine. Free borders and a single market is great. A court of human rights is also nice. The rest is a joke.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Feb 19, 2009,
leaving europe ftw
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by Mechanixx

Too be honest the EU is undemocratic and ridiculously bureaucratic. It has it's uses and as it is right now is fine.

What?

Quote by cagnius
The EU is completely necessary.

Why?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
Quote by Mechanixx

Too be honest the EU is undemocratic and ridiculously bureaucratic. It has it's uses and as it is right now is fine.

I'd agree with this, to be honest.

Quote by Supertait
What?

Why?

Freedom of movement of capital and people. And competition law.

That's the top two reasons.
Those that want out, do you want out of THIS one, just to get a better version, or to go back to isolationism?
I reckon all the French should build a bridge to Britain Dunno why just should.
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Quote by Supertait
What?

Why?

you have almost no say in what is decided in european parliament. Add to that that almost nobody votes for their MEPs.

and I said its fine regarding the level of integration.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Quote by gabcd86
Those that want out, do you want out of THIS one, just to get a better version, or to go back to isolationism?

Isolationism ftw

EDIT @ chinkboy: It's a well known fact that Britain is the only source of crumpets
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Last edited by Perfection 101 at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by chinkboy7
what if the EU gave u Brits some tea and crumpets?

Hilarious.
They can't tea grows in India
My setup:

VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Quote by Mechanixx
you have almost no say in what is decided in european parliament. Add to that that almost nobody votes for their MEPs.

and I said its fine regarding the level of integration.

I know that! And i'm saying you are wrong to say it is 'fine' at the moment. How can such and undemocratic organisation as you will concede, be fine? It's making a mockery of our parliament.

Why do people think we have to be in the EU to trade? We trade with numerous countries outside of the EU just fine. I'm all for freer trade and relaxed tariffs on imports and exports, but the political and monetary system that accompanies the EU is a slap in the face of European people.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Quote by gabcd86

I'd rather a better version.
As in one that wouldn't try to bully the Irish into reconsidering a vote which many of the more powerful member nations supported.
And one that wouldn't think it had to support French peasant 'culture'.
Quote by Supertait

Why do people think we have to be in the EU to trade? We trade with numerous countries outside of the EU just fine. I'm all for freer trade and relaxed tariffs on imports and exports, but the political and monetary system that accompanies the EU is a slap in the face of European people.

Due to the lack of tariffs?

Take us out of the EU and say hello to massive tariffs.
I don't mind it - as long as it doesn't take over!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Perfection 101
Isolationism ftw

EDIT @ chinkboy: It's a well known fact that Britain is the only source of crumpets

sorry I'm american I didn't know
Eu > Nato :d
My setup:

VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Quote by Simsimius
I don't mind it - as long as it doesn't take over!

Thats exactly what it is doing. Our own parliament has no say whatsoever over EU legislation and directives. It's hard enough to run a parish council, let alone manage laws, and fiscal policy for 27 different countries, each with their own economic circumstances and requirements.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Quote by Supertait
I know that! And i'm saying you are wrong to say it is 'fine' at the moment. How can such and undemocratic organisation as you will concede, be fine? It's making a mockery of our parliament.

see cagnius response.

The single EU market and the free movement of people and goods is an incredibly good thing to have. Oh and the peace is Europe.

The rest however is rubbish. I don't want out, I just want a massive reform.

Your right regarding the insanity of EU lawmaking btw. Only worthwhile thing is an international court of human rights.
Quote by Rockstar12345
I'd like to see how much time your country can survive the current crisis without the EU.

You'd lose (almost) all advantages in trades inside the EU, and only that would make you lose a lot more money...
Gear:

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss ME-20
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Washburn South Side Jr.
Dunlop Jazz III XL picks

R.I.P. Rick Wright
Quote by Mechanixx
see cagnius response.

The single EU market and the free movement of people and goods is an incredibly good thing to have. Oh and the peace is Europe.

The rest however is rubbish. I don't want out, I just want a massive reform.

Your right regarding the insanity of EU lawmaking btw. Only worthwhile thing is an international court of human rights.

Sorry I missed his reply. Like I said I agree that we do need open borders (in terms of trade rather than people) but low tariffs can, and has been achieved without a meddling, undemocratic system of all powerful government.

The idea of peace you bring up is ridiculous, do you think we will suddenly start wars with each other because there is no longer an EU? Don't be silly, NATO and the UN prevent such things even if it was a possibility.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Quote by Supertait
The idea of peace you bring up is ridiculous, do you think we will suddenly start wars with each other because there is no longer an EU? Don't be silly, NATO and the UN prevent such things even if it was a possibility.

Not forgetting how many wars we won on our own over the last millennium... Reputation alone would ensure peace
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Quote by konfyouzd

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Quote by Mechanixx

That isn't apart of the EU. It is a part of the Council of Europe, which is a completely seperate international entity.
I don't think the EU is doing us much good, but leaving and pissing off the rest of europe is a pretty bad idea.

I think it's better to stay friendly with europe because I don't trust america to stay our friends forever.
Quote by cagnius
That isn't apart of the EU. It is a part of the Council of Europe, which is a completely seperate international entity.

ah yeah sorry my mistake.

Quote by Supertait
Sorry I missed his reply. Like I said I agree that we do need open borders (in terms of trade rather than people) but low tariffs can, and has been achieved without a meddling, undemocratic system of all powerful government.

in the current financial situation id rather keep things the way they are without having to renegotiate tarrifs.

Of course we wouldn't be fighting, that wasn't meant to be taken completely seriously. Meant to add a but didnt.

I stand by my position that the single EU market and the open movement of people and goods is pretty damn good. Also the political clout wielded by the EU as opposed to the individual nations is quite handy in disputes. And the fact that our EU allies would be pretty pissed off if we left. I'd rather keep them close. At least they don't blackmail us *coughUSAcough*

Anyway im not pro-EU, your arguing with the wrong guy!

Also can't believe nobody has mentioned this, I find the fact that our taxes goes to subsidising peasants in france is rather outrageous. CAP FTL.
Quote by Rockstar12345
TBH, it was a really good idea (Free trade for european governments) ruined by too many politicians putting their Dicks in a pudding. It still looks a perfectly edible pudding, and you can explain this till the cows buy their first homes, but I and many won't touch it because they Stuck their DICKS in it!.
What Britain's gottan out of it is the free trade thing, and the fact we can bugger off to France and the other member states, N.Q.A (no questions asked), and I think we still get a Rebate of about 10 billion or so from Thatcher's day (Although I'm convinced blair *****d it back to em)
What we get OUT of it is constantly dumped on by our member states (Spain's fishing fleets bleed our oceans dry, and then have the audacity to put the blame and punishment on our boys - Although my source isn't exactly bullet-proof), a brilliant opportunity for a Europe that pretty much hates us to get their own back, and a hall full of Leperous retards who wouldn't know which end to back off on a Crocodile.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by chinkboy7
what if the EU gave u Brits some tea and crumpets?

Here here!
Quote by captaincrunk
You are a slave who is looking for a master, and I hope he beats you.

Quote by rmr024
Toaster ovens are fucking amazing, I don't really see where you were going with that...
I want out, simply because the EU is an aggressive, relatively neoliberal trading bloc, and I want nothing to do with that.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by LankeyDwarf
Eu > Nato :d

Well, lets see about that.

EU = Economic and political union

NATO = Millitary alliance

No comparison my friend. Though back to the topic at hand. I think in these current times, the EU has it's benefits. Very much so if the UK adopted the Euro. But being that the pound is the worlds oldest currency used today. Try and ask people of the UK if they wanna see that removed and replaced.

Us Brits are stuck up.
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"