Hi there need some help.

I have this ingenieous plan for my 1995 Peugeot 205 mardi gras 1.1 manual with 5 doors. I've been doing some research on how to make this a quicker car. I've gone through my options of getting a 1.9 gti engine conversion for my 1.1 or simply buying a 1.9 gti. However, because of my age these options are not feasible due to insurance. Unfortunatley engine modifications for such 5 door peugeot 205's with 1.1 engines are very limited but im too attatched to car to get rid off it.

Anyway, enough waffling and onto my plan. After more research I discovered that the rallye version of the 205 uses essentially the same engine as mine. The only difference is it has a 1.3 litre capacity instead. Would it be possible to rebore the cylinders of my 1.1 engine to a 1.3 or 1.4? I've heard this is possible as most engine blocks are the same size but with different sized cylinders.

The second part of my plan if I get that far is to attatch some weber 40 carbs, like in the rallye version. Would this be possible?

Of course I would have to uprate suspension and brakes and make gearbox adjustments etc but I have found solutions to this.

Once this work is done the only other problem is getting a decent exhaust system. i cant find a system for a 5 door peugeot or any induction kits etc. Any solutions?

Any advice would be accepted gratefully. Cheers and thanks for reading

Pete
Last edited by spunkeymonkey36 at Feb 19, 2009,
Try installing some active EMG's......

But seriously if your looking for parts search on gumtree.com
I've never seen the point in doing this. You're still a prick if you're going over the speed limit, it just lets me hate you quicker.
I think you could do all that, as long as you have the time. I find my projects are only half done rendering them useless. This is a big project so make sure you know what your doing. But the ultimate answer is more than likely yes.
You mean it has a 1.3L displacement. Not capacity.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
that's one of the goofiest looking pieces of junk i've seen in a while. why bother upgrading it? you'd only be a lot more afraid for your life driving it....
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by wahappen
You mean it has a 1.3L displacement. Not capacity.

my apologies unfortunatly I'm not to well informed on car terms on that i didnt know what it was called.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
I've never seen the point in doing this. You're still a prick if you're going over the speed limit, it just lets me hate you quicker.

what about track days?

i see your name has the word sadistic. curious. In my fairness im asking a question on cars, not whether you like me or not. besides, wot have i done to you? i could be a nice guy. time to grow up.
Try waiting until one of your friends is nearly killed by someone who thought that speed was the most important thing on a car.

Also, try not to pick apart a name that was chosen by a 13 year old, arrogant moron. Learn to spell. Grow up.
Quote by spunkeymonkey36
my apologies unfortunatly I'm not to well informed on car terms on that i didnt know what it was called.

Everything you've mentioned is possible. Extremely expensive though.

Changing out your fuel injection system for a weber carb will also involve installing a chip & custom program, if it's available.

You can give that 205 a 1000hp if you want. It all depends on what you want to spend.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Try waiting until one of your friends is nearly killed by someone who thought that speed was the most important thing on a car.

Also, try not to pick apart a name that was chosen by a 13 year old, arrogant moron. Learn to spell. Grow up.

im sorry if one of your friends was killed by a speeding motorist if that was the case. unfortunatley you do get some irresponsible people around. Im looking at this as more as a project. Anyway do you know anything about cars?
Quote by spunkeymonkey36

cool, the car kept up with a lambo going about 35 mph. i'm not trying to be a jerk, but i just don't see why people upgrade low end cars so they can go fast. unless you live on a racetrack it just seems pretty pointless.
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
cool, the car kept up with a lambo going about 35 mph. i'm not trying to be a jerk, but i just don't see why people upgrade low end cars so they can go fast. unless you live on a racetrack it just seems pretty pointless.

as i said in the previous post its more of a project cause im interested in that kinda thing. I live quite near some racetracks (moderatley) as well so i want to take up track events as an extra hobby maybe when i have more money.
Don't bother. The amount of time and money spent trying to do it, and ruining it, would amount to that of buying a better one.

Also you would have to declare all modifications to the engine to your insurer or they could render it void in a crash.

On top of that, it maybe possible, but by people who are experts with engines, not some guy who's decided to up his engine power. You would need a proper mechanic with a full on garage worth of tools to do this properly.

tl;dr? Give up, save up, and buy a better one.
Quote by spunkeymonkey36
as i said in the previous post its more of a project cause im interested in that kinda thing. I live quite near some racetracks (moderatley) as well so i want to take up track events as an extra hobby maybe when i have more money.

okay i can understand that if you just want a project and if you live near a track. it just bothers me when high schoolers trick out their junk cars without a reason.
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Quote by wahappen
Everything you've mentioned is possible. Extremely expensive though.

Changing out your fuel injection system for a weber carb will also involve installing a chip & custom program, if it's available.

You can give that 205 a 1000hp if you want. It all depends on what you want to spend.

Hmm it already has a weber carb on it but not that model. do you know how much it is for a rebore? also would like to see a 205 with 1000bhp would be fun
Quote by Rogue Hermit
okay i can understand that if you just want a project and if you live near a track. it just bothers me when high schoolers trick out their junk cars without a reason.

coming from essex i can understand that lol