The day has finally come; I have a computer which has a fan that isn't so overpoweringly loud that if I stick my £5 web mic in to it, I can still hear the music I'm playing through the recording! It's incredible, really.

Now I'm thinking maybe I want something more than the £5 mic. I've recorded my past few roughs with a stills camera because it's a lot better quality than the stand alone usb mic. However, the power pack for that is now broken and I'm thinking of alternatives. Could anyone suggest a decent usb mic I could use (I play guitar and sing... I prefer recording both at once), or another not-all-too-expensive alternative, and some decent but, again, not overly expensive recording software? Audacity has never been too fond of me.

Cheers.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
For software, try reaper, I've heard good things about it, I do believe there is a free version.

I'm currently using a guitar hero mic to record and it's actually pretty decent. Maybe see if a friend with GH world tour or rock band will let you borrow there's.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I doubt I'll be borrowing anyones Guitar Hero mic, but I'll check out Reaper, I'll definately try to trial! Cheers Any other ideas?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!